Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Discontinuation of Kerio Server Firewall & Kerio Personal Firewall
  •  
peterj

Send a private message to this user
I just heard that Kerio are discontinuing both KSF & KPF in the next few months.

If you haven't guessed I think this is a great idea.

Hopefully this means that more focus can be put on to the two core products KMS & KWF...!

(Particularly KMS I hope)

Even though KSF has only just been released it and KPF must be a huge burden on support and I can't imagine either product has been very profitable. I have never understood why anyone would want KSF.
Besides now we have SP1 for Win2003 and SP2 for WinXP both products are pretty redundant...!

Well done Kerio for a good decision overdue!

I hope Joshua will confirm that the efforts saved in not having to support these products will be ploughed into KMS & KWF support...?
  •  
giampos

......very good !!!!
Move all the KSF team and the KPF team into the new "KOC OFFLINE TEAM"

•  
peterj

My thoughts exactly..

LOL

:-)
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

It's true, KPF and KSF are scheduled to end sales and development - KSF at end of September, KPF at end of year.

Support for both products will continue for 1 year after end of sales, to fulfill support contracts.

There will be some staff reassignments to KMS and KWF teams. KMS is the current focus of the company.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
jshaw541

Sad and good to hear. Sad because I really liked KPF, good because it's good to hear Kerio plans to focus on KMS :)

So when can we expect jabber-based instant messaging in KMS? ;)

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
peterj

Yes - focusing on KMS would definitely be a good thing...!

The way things have been recently perhaps there should be a dedicated KOC team to sort out the bugginess and give us offline mode....!

Maybe that's wishful thinking...?

:-|
  •  
c.groenveld

We also have 2 crashes from KMS 6.10 (with and without SP 2). The crashes took place when i was working with the administrator tool on a workstation.

We only use this version of KMS in combination with web-mail and not with the kerio mail connector for Outlook. We are not shure i've we will use the connector.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 10:51]

Previous Topic: Using IMAP and all users get ALL emails!
Next Topic: uuencode - kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 02:56:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.