Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Thunderbird Contact Sync
  •  
geabaldyvx

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone have or heard of any utility to sync the contacts in Thunderbird to KMS? If not, is this something that perhaps Kerio could look into doing in a similar manner they have with the Outlook Plug-in.. Not KOC but the other utility. I know people dread the utilty but just make it a voluntary sync button, to me that puts the blame for the user losing or not having the latest edition of their contacts on their heads.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can use LDAP for access to contacts stored in KMS. Just define an LDAP account in Thunderbird's address book.
  •  
j.turley

Can anybody tell me what details I need to put in thunderbird to get it to work with Kerio's LDAP directory. I haven't had any success previously.
  •  
nickrooster

Name: Give it a name
Hostname: Either the full (resolvable) hostname or the IP Address of the LDAP server (in this case, the Kerio Mailserver)
Base DN: I have had most success with: fn=public,fn=ContactRoot
Port Number: Unless you changed this in the admin console, Thunderbird should be right.
Bind DN: your username (without <_at_>domain.suffix).

To do this, go to Options (or Preferences) and click Composition, then click Edit Directories.
-Nick
  •  
geabaldyvx

This is just to use and view the contact but you can't add to them this way can you?

•  
Anonymous
Nope.... that would be cool if Kerio developed a plug-in for Thunderbird to sync up contacts and calendars. Might be a lot less work than fighting with KOC and the Mysteries of Microsoft Mapi !!!!

•  
geabaldyvx

This seems to give me my Public contacts but what about those that are singluar to myself...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Set Base DN to fn=ContactRoot or leave it empty. Both should work.
Bind DN should be your login name (username<_at_>domain or just username if the domain is primary).
  •  
j.turley

It doesn't work for Thunderbird with me but Entourage is ok.

I'm running Kerio 6.0.10 on Mac OS 10.3, nothing is blocked. We are using Thunderbird 1.6 on Mac OS 10.4.

Any ideas?
  •  
sonofcolin

Thunderbird 1.6 LDAP works for us on OS X 10.4 (we use LDAPS). Also works in Entourage but not Mail.app (LDAP works, not LDAPS). We use KMS 6.1.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2005 20:06]

•  
lhodgkins

Has anybody tried Tsync? I noticed it uses SycMl, which is the same protocol used by the "Kerio Synchronization Plugin".

Does anybody have any Idea what I would use for a database name and url?
Previous Topic: SMTP on port 587?
Next Topic: problem with kerio mail server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:27:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00468 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.