Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC - Why did I bother?
  •  
catoxpress

Send a private message to this user
After doing some prelim testing on one of our users, I loaded the KOC on about 15 Win2k machines running Outlook 2000 in our office. Everyone was excited about the collaboration features and, as an admin, I was excited about maintaining a "public" address book.

What a mess. It only took a couple of days before the nightmares began.

Messages get stuck in the outbox for no reason.
Outlook freezes and becomes non-responsive.
It takes about 10 minutes to send a plain text email to a group of about 60 people.
Errors, crashes, and just general problems.

What is going on? Why would you release this product? What are you doing about it?

We love it when it works, but that seems to be only intermittent. We need to rely on our email communications.

Kerio, when are you going to provide us with a stable product. Maybe you could raise your rates again so that it will make our decisions much easier.
  •  
Jason

Unfortunately, we've had to give up on Kerio as an organization. We were originally excited to be getting off of the M$ treadmill (we had been on Exchange 5.5). Kerio was marketed as an Exchange replacement, and the functionality promised with KOC was a main factor in our decision).

Even when it was "working", the performance of any mail folder with more than a few hundred emails was abysmal and not being able to search through email body text was a huge issue with many of our staff. The whole "offline-caching" thing wouldn't really be an issue with most people if the KOC performance wasn't just flat-out awful.

Unfortunately, the hostility you'll find in the forum has led Kerio to take a "make no promises" stand when it comes to the KOC. Point releases continue to add new features except for the one that Exchange migratees really need, a functional KOC with acceptable performance.

I perodically check the forum to see how 6.1.0 is progressing, I'd really like to be able to recommend this product someday as the non-KOC portions are top-notch. Unfortunately, my company wasn't willing to wait...

•  
digiclone

Ditto on both of the above posts. These are exactly the issues we have run into with KMS and KOC. Nice product, if it had acceptable speed and reliability. Unfortunately, 6.1 has been completely unstable for us, and when it was fairly stable on 6.0.10 it was still very slow and missing the search features and cache/offline modes of Exchange server. I really hope they can it right quickly. We'll see.
  •  
mfarley

We've pretty much experienced the same issues as the guys above..

Outlook freezes, VERY slow response times for folders with over 100 messages, messages stuck in the outbox (especially attachments, even small ones), horrible searching capabilities..
Previous Topic: notify new mail
Next Topic: KMS / KOC Bug - mail_folder.cpp: Index error in folder notes: Cannot get message 0000002d
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:57:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00348 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.