Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail suggestion
  •  
easiconseil

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am new user of Kerio Mail Server, and i want to know if it's possible to add a button in Webmail to save the mail that user is reading ? exemple, a button to save it in .eml .html or better, in pdf format.

Do you think it's possible ?

Some of my customers use print function with a pdf engine to archive important mail in pdf format but they want to save directly by webmail.

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
peterj

Not possible at the moment but I did request this feature last year.....

Maybe it will be implemented someday...

You are not able to find out in advance...
  •  
easiconseil

ok

--
MaT
  •  
winkelman

If you add a 'pdf printer driver' to the computer you can save emails to pdf by way of printing them... So that's not a problem with the current webmail.
  •  
easiconseil

winkelman wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 11:52

If you add a 'pdf printer driver' to the computer you can save emails to pdf by way of printing them... So that's not a problem with the current webmail.

I am ok with you, but some customers can't modify or add printers to the computer (Restriction by administrator) so they can't use a pdf printer. I try to contact administrator of there system but he don't want to install a networks pdf printer. So a pdf or html save function in webmail will be wonderfull :)

--
MaT
  •  
jshaw541

They can already save in html format:

Double-click a message in webmail, go to the File menu and select "Save As..."

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
easiconseil

jshaw541 wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 17:05

They can already save in html format:

Double-click a message in webmail, go to the File menu and select "Save As..."

When i open a mail i don't have a "File" menu. Perhaps in IE but they use firefox.

--
MaT
  •  
fseraphine

I second this demand. I would like to be able to save an email with its attachment as an .eml file (or other standard format) from the webmail.
  •  
winkelman

I've tilted in this discussion. Previously I've stated a PDF printer could do the job, if a little less convenient than a straight 'Save to file' button in Webmail itself.

Now I am more in favor of such a 'Save to file' (eml-format) button, since that would include any attachments. You cannot save attachments while making the email into a PFD by way of 'PDF printing' it...
  •  
marook

I don't understand why 'very important mails' needs to be archived on the USERS local machine - when the users machine is much more prone to crash, get stolen or anything else, compared to the Kerio Server where the email is backed up, and maybe even archived..!

If the user needs this functionality, you need to EDUCATE them.. Wink

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
winkelman

Sometimes users want to remove emails from their Webmail to free up space (I enforce a strict quota). They could conceivably save messages with big attachments to their network drives: this frees up their Webmail quota while retaining the message for future reference.

Now, as admin, I don't care on which server bits&bytes reside: on the mail server or on the file server, I don't care. It's just some bits&bytes I need to take care of, backup, etc. So to me the only way to clean up Webmail is to delete messages. However, my users not always agree Twisted Evil
  •  
Anonymous
WebMail does not provide such a feature, now.
Please use 'Suggest Idea' in web administration to push it forward.
Workaround is to install a free IMAP client (eg. Mozilla Thunderbird) and save selected email in EML format.

Dusan
Previous Topic: Update: Blackberry Enterprise Server Express 5.0.2 compatibility issue
Next Topic: Archive Folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 04:08:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00545 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.