Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » notify new mail
  •  
guig

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I think that Kerio could propose a tool which notifies when new message arrives in user's mailbox (pop3, imap, ...)

Is this possible to propose and include it with KMS, like KOC or other tools ?
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

guig wrote on Fri, 09 September 2005 21:02

Hi,

I think that Kerio could propose a tool which notifies when new message arrives in user's mailbox (pop3, imap, ...)

Is this possible to propose and include it with KMS, like KOC or other tools ?

I don't think it's necessary. There are dozens of such utilities. Try search google http://www.google.com/search?q=email+notifier

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
guig

I know that, but most of them are not very stable ...
  •  
peterj

LOL

Stability is not exactly Kerio's strong suit...!

I would stick with something 3rd party

:-)
  •  
easiconseil

peterj wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 00:10

LOL

Stability is not exactly Kerio's strong suit...!

I would stick with something 3rd party

:-)

Do you mean by this that KMS is not stable ?

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
peterj

KMS server is fairly OK on Windows but has been very unstable on linux based platforms at least since 6.1.

& The Outlook connector is very unreliable & buggy and has been for the last 14months since it's release...!

•  
winkelman

Problem with these 3rd party tools is that they require client configuration (user name, etc.). We use webmail to not have any user specific client configuration. We have several people using the same PC, so things quickly get complicated with client configuration. Besides, new mail notification is really something for the mail client to do (webmail is this matter).

I suspect it is not that difficult to add, since there are already notification popups for appointments and tasks. It would be realy great if there was also new mail notification in webmail (maybe with an option to turn it of or on in Settings). Having notifications in webmail itself is also nuch better since it would then work everywhere (also if you're logged into mail from somewhere else (home, hotel, etc.) besides your company PC).
  •  
easiconseil

peterj wrote on Sat, 10 September 2005 11:35

KMS server is fairly OK on Windows but has been very unstable on linux based platforms at least since 6.1.

& The Outlook connector is very unreliable & buggy and has been for the last 14months since it's release...!

Ok, i use KMS 6.1.0 on a Win2003std.

Some customers have many hang with outlook plugin :/ So they use webmail but they need often to use outlook too.

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
Previous Topic: uuencode - kerio
Next Topic: KOC - Why did I bother?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:38:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.