Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 6.1.1 - Any News??
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
I don't know. I only found out about them in this thread.

Scott
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

patch6 is new, as of today, and here in the US we are actually still doing testing on this patch.

In fact this patch has not even been deliver for preliminary testing to ANY CUSTOMERS AT ALL.

We were going to hand this out to a few customers with specific issues before releasing it widely.

So I guess now the 'cat is out of the bag', but let me tell you, I am not happy with this - I am going to get our really bad patch release system fixed. This is pissing me off.

If you apply the patch, do so at your own risk, and be sure to report success or lack of success in fixing the issues listed in the readme file - to SUPPORT! We can not and will not read everyone's "patch6 didn't work for me" comments here.

Thank you,
Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
peterj

Now I'm not sure whether to apply it or not...?

:-|
  •  
peterj

Oh Dear....

Hard to believe I know but for me this is worse than the last three buggy KOC builds..>!

Now almost every email when I click send Outlook (2k) hangs for about 30seconds and then I get the traditional 'stuck in the outbox' problem.

Back to 6.0.10 I go..

:-(
  •  
sedell

Just curious... did you also install the patched KMS?

Scott
  •  
peterj

No I didn't

Do you think that could be the issue. When patch1 & patch2 were released Joshua said they could be installed independently...

I am a bit nervous about upgrading the server but I suppose I could always go back...
  •  
sedell

I don't blame you. I'm a bit nervous about doing an upgrade as well. I did install the KOC patch6 on a handful of OL2000 machines. So far so good (fingers crossed).

Scott
  •  
sedell

Gees. Looks like I spoke too soon. Two of my five volunteers who test upgrades for me just reported the same thing you did. 30 second to 1 minute delay if a message sends, and messages getting stuck in the outbox.

Back to 6.0.10 yet again.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Sorry about that...!

I hope your 'volunteers' are forgiving.

Mine are getting pretty pissed when I keep installing buggy versions of the connector on their PC's.

Thank goodness we managed to fall back to KOC 6.0.10 as Kerio have now had almost two months since 6.1 release and still not fixed the problems in the KOC.

•  
sedell

Yes, they are pretty forgiving. They ended up 'volunteers' because their computers seemed to display the worst of the bugs the earliest (even why my test systems don't), and they are not hostile individuals. I've explained to them, and they understand that if the patch does break Outlook, they tell me what went wrong and then I put 6.0.10 back on for them.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This really sounds unbelievable to me. I'm using patch6 with Outlook 2000 and there is no delay in e-mail sending.

Are you sure that there is absolutely no add-in in the Outlook except KOC?

Does the Outlook with KOC use secured or unsecured connection?

Are you sure that the delay in e-mail sending isn't influenced by "Spam Repellent" function on server?
  •  
sedell

PavelDobry wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 12:44

Are you sure that there is absolutely no add-in in the Outlook except KOC?

The only add-in we have for Outlook is our desktop anti-virus since the server level McAfee lets things slide in before the updated DATs are available. We're testing other anti-virus vendors to replace the built-in McAfee, but until we have one we're comletely comfortable with, the desktop AV is staying hooked into Outlook.

Does the Outlook with KOC use secured or unsecured connection?

Unsecured for all connections within the network - this includes all the machines used to test patch 6 so far.

Are you sure that the delay in e-mail sending isn't influenced by "Spam Repellent" function on server?

Sure about this one. Repellant is set to not apply delay for all computers within the network.

I'd be happy with a 30 second or so delay if the KOC was stable, but it seems that whatever causes it is causing messages to get stuck in the Outbox again on OL2k.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Hi Pavel,

I am having the same problems with patch6

i) I have no other addins in my outlook installs other than the KOC

ii) KOC uses standard (insecure) IMAP

iii) Spam repellent is enabled but connections from my LAN address range are excluded.

For that matter the only thing that cures or causes the problems is when we change the KOC version. All other influences stay the same.

Install KOC 6.0.10 it's all OK (ish)
Install KOC 6.1.x (patchx) and all hell breaks loose.

Quote:

This really sounds unbelievable to me

- Hardly unbelievable when similar problems have been occurring since 18th July.

•  
sedell

Quote:

- Hardly unbelievable when similar problems have been occurring since 18th July.

Actually, hasn't the stuck in outbox bug been a plague on and off since around KOC 6.0.3ish?

Scott
peterj

Well OK Scott,

:-)

What is hard to believe is that the KOC could go downhill since 6.1. I would have thought it couldn't get much worse.

A sad reflection on the in-house testing...!
Previous Topic: Spam filter rules
Next Topic: Zend Optimizer Event Log Errors - Help from users requested
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 03:01:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00531 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.