Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Auto Downgrade Solution for KOC to 6.0.10
  •  
dbarak

Send a private message to this user
After a very frustrating time with the 6.1.0 updates and patches, I decided that 6.0.10 KOC would be the only option for me to get at least a functional email system running at our company. However, the thought of having to go to each and every machine to uninstall 6.1.x and manually re-install 6.0.10 was unbearable.

The following will auto downgrade the kerio outlook connector to the more stable 6.0.10. The process is very simple. Rename the auto updater files for 6.0.10 in the mailserver-->webmail-->download folder to KMS.KOC-6-2-0-T-1-0.tgz and KMS.KOC-6-2-0-T-1-0.tgz.sig respectively. The next time any user on the network restarts outlook, they will be downgraded to the KOC 6.0.10.

There are two drawbacks to this method. The first is that after the upgrade, users may be prompted to re-enter their login info (including mail server address). The second is that because this method is "tricking" the outlook connector into thinking that the renamed version is more recent, even the downgraded version will continue trying to update itself to the "newer" version until the files are removed from the download directory on the server. The users can simply be told to ignore these messages, as they will stop when everyone is upgraded and the auto downgrade files are removed from the server's download directory. They will only be prompted for server, username and password on the first login.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 16:23]

•  
peterj

Thanks Dbarak.

I have already explained this method in several other threads.

I wouldn't recommend it though... Best to visit & install manually.

•  
dbarak

why not? seemed to work fine for me...any surprises ahead?
-db

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 16:23]

Previous Topic: IMAP: Mark as spam by dragging into Junk Mail folder?
Next Topic: Blackholes.us
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:37:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.