Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Synchronisation Plug-in - Work with 6.0.10?
  •  
kkesler

Send a private message to this user
Pardon the silly question, but does the Synchronisation Plug-in work with 6.0.10 or do you need 6.1? Someone else here at work found the Syn plugin on the Kerio site and asked me about it, and I must admit I have never noticed it before.

Thanks,
Kurt Kesler
  •  
sedell

I don't think the KSP works with either 6.0.10 or 6.1.0. Last reports I saw were that there were serious issues with duplicate contacts and corruption.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Good Answer Scott!

The KSP is buggy as well as useless.

It is just a manifestation of Kerio's failure to produce offline KOC.

•  
kkesler

Ok funny guys, is it DESIGNED to work with 6.0.10?
;-)

If not, then I can tell them "sorry, no can do".

Thanks,
Kurt
  •  
sedell

I'm not positive what version it's designed to work with. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's version dependant since it would be syncing with an IMAP or POP3 account. I would still tell them "no can do" for now... at least until they fix it.

Test it THOROUGHLY on a throw away account on the mailserver first. Even if it "works" with 6.0.10, the issues with corruption and duplicates would make me pass on it for now. I guess you'd have to make the determination after testing weather or not you'd want to allow your users to put it to use.

Scott
  •  
peterj

OK HWG,

Lets disregard the fact that it is crap for a moment...

IT DOESNT WORK ON 6.0.10.

THIS IS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SYNC VIA IMAP OR POP BUT USES SYNCML WHICH COMMUNICATES VIA THE HTTP SERVICE.

FORGET IT.
  •  
kkesler

HWG?

Anyway, that is the info I needed to tell them to "forget it".

Thanks,
Kurt
Previous Topic: KMS on Linux loses all mail/contacts?
Next Topic: KMS services
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:37:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00506 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.