Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sender ID, Caller ID, SPF: I am getting confused %-)
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
We have Caller ID (MS technology) and SPF (Sender Policy Framework, developed by Meng Weng Wong) tabs in de Spam fighting controls. Great.

But isn't it so that nowadays we have something called Sender ID? This is a compromise/combination of the above two technologies. It is Sender ID that Microsoft is actively pushing. (Hotmail, MSN and microsoft.com are already actively checked against Sender ID.)

Is Sender ID going to replace Called ID and SPF? Also in KMS?

Is creating a 'Sender ID Framework SPF Record' (here) enough to satisfy all three technologies?

PS:
You can check your Sender ID implementation by sending a email to check-auth<_at_>verifier.port25.com (you will get an automatic reply with the results) and Caller ID can be checked here.
  •  
sedell

I'm not so sure Sender ID is going to replace anything. If memory serves, it was rejected by the IETF as a standard because, well, because it's Microsoft. There were issues with the way Microsoft tried to license it that had everyone up in arm, as is usual for them.

I think the other part of the problem, is that since it is a Microsoft technology, everyone and everything non-Microsoft is more or less resisting it. They have a way of making even simple things proprietary enough to either cause problems with non-Microsoft technology, give them reason to sue over, or charge a fee for.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

I think it was the original MS Caller ID that got a lot of critisism...

Besides, good or not, if you do not add Sender ID entries to your DNS, your messages are already getting flagged and scrutinized if you sent mail to Hotmail, MSN or microsoft.com, with an elevated risk it is treated as SPAM.

It is not an urgent matter at the moment, but stil...

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2005 13:02]

Previous Topic: Trafic Charts
Next Topic: Attachment filtr - could be better - version 6.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:43:09 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00362 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.