Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Shared Calendar Identification
  •  
jonoa86

Send a private message to this user
Is anyone aware of a way when using the outlook connector with user shared calenders to distinguish each users calendar apart, I have set the share permissions in the webmail on the calendars & cant see a way to rename or change the display name for those calendars,currently all shared caladers just appear as "calendar" which makes it very difficult for users to distinguish who's is who's. In an exchange environment the calendars appear as "calendar-John Citizen" or similar, this is what i am trying to acheive. The only way i have found that this is possible is to create a sub calendar/folder & name it by the users name and set the share permissions on this accordingly, however once doing this it is no longer the root calendar and stops functions such as reminders working in outlook when using the mapi.
  •  
winkelman

There is a way (search the forum or the knowledge base, there's an article somewhere). However, this 'hack' is not supported or anything.

But take a look and see.
  •  
jonoa86

I thought it may be something that was able to be done but not supported, however i havent been able to find a post explaining how its done, anyone know where it is?
  •  
peterj

there is an (unsupported) kerio utility for renaming the calendars in ol03 views.

Search the forums
  •  
bligh_d

http://people.kerio.com/jwu/tools.html is the URL you need. Please note this is an UNSUPPORTED HACK!
  •  
eschulp

I have tried the hack mentioned here, as we experience this exact problem at one of our customers.

However, in our testenvironment, the hack didn't work.

Are there any specifics, besides the install notes, to follow to get this hack to work ?

The install we apllied the hack to is:

Server:
Windows 2000 Pro
KMS 6.1.3 Patch 1

Client:
Windows XP Sp2 with all patches
Office 2003 SP 2 with all patches
KOC 6.1.3. Patch 1

[Updated on: Wed, 12 April 2006 12:17]

Erik Schulp
  •  
jonoa86

I have found that what the connector does is create a public calendar for each mailbox (named by user) that is on the server, these are only viewable after install by an administrative user, to enable all other users to see the calandars you need to change the permissions on each calandar, I have found that to have named calanders the easyest way is to manually create public calandars named as required, or do what is in my original post, which is to create a sub calander for each user in there account, however if you use this method the reminder dont work in outlook. This is definatly one drawback in kerio, and it needs to be resolved in kerio for it to be a 100% alternative to exchange.
  •  
GregM

Does anyone know if this issue has been addressed in any updates since 6.1.4? This problem is the one that has left me with egg on my face having told the Board that KMS is a completely cross-platform solution. I can't run the unsupported fix, as I'm running KMS on an Xserve.

Thanks
  •  
jonoa86

I have not seen it listed in any of the added features or resolved issues as yet. I sent a feature request through to support for this sometime back and it was acknowledged, however i have not received anything further to say that this issue has been addressed.
  •  
GregM

Thanks for your reply jonoa86. Shame Kerio haven't cracked this one, as well as KOC off-line caching. Both of these would enable me to recommend KMS to the dozens of our SME clients that keep asking me for a good groupware solution.

As for the shared calendars, OS X server 10.5 is looking very promising. Maybe this will put a rocket up Kerio's collective backsides ;-)

Cheers
Previous Topic: Can KMS support X-Real-To flags?
Next Topic: Relaying mail to a second server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:22:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.