Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » wish: smtp forwarding with "smtp auth"
  •  
mail4me

Send a private message to this user
I have the following problem:

My ISP requires smtp auth. We have two offices at different locations and do the mail exchange over the smtp server our isp.

Therefore I have in the same domain several users which are not on location A, but on location B. If I put the smtp server of our isp in the forward of the domain I can't type in any smtp auth information.

Solution:
- provide smtp auth in the forwarding tab of the domain

or

- make a checkbox in the forwarding tab to use the default smtp relay server (which has smtp auth support already)

Thanks for your replies....
  •  
mail4me

Send a private message to this user
I have found a workaround for the missing smtp auth function in the smtp forwarding:

smtpauth
a software on: http://smtpauth.sourceforge.net/

The workaround:
set up a new smtp proxy/passthroug with smtpauth and give KMS the local 127.0.0.1 smtp server as forwarding smtp server in the domain registry.

BUT:!
The better solution is still to change the handling of smtp forwarding within the same domain in KMS.

Regards,
Michael
Previous Topic: recounting quotas (Storage quota falls below zero)
Next Topic: Entourage 2004 SP2 Breaks Kerio Exchange Connection
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:18:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.