Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Attachment filtr - could be better - version 6.1
  •  
stranikm

Send a private message to this user
Attachment filtr is good now, but it could be better. I miss attachment filtr for groups - each group has different settings.

Or much more requested function is this: If I BLOCK *.MPG, it is working fine, but if somebody ZIP this file, filtr let this message passed. Thas very stupid I think so. Or am I wrong?

Please Kerio team, could you put this to new version? Thank for your answer.
  •  
easiconseil

I think if server must open all .zip files it will quickly overload. But, i have McAfee antivirus version of Kerio and it scan in all .zip files without too heavy charge of the server.

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
winkelman

As long as you're filtering on extensions, it makes no real sense to look into zip-files. If people want to mail mpg's, they can just take away the extension (or change it to pdf or something), tell the recipient to change it back to mpg (or just drag it onto a media player with the wrong extension).

To make it realy solid, KMS would have to look into the files themselves (and into files in zip-files, etc.) and determine the exact filetype without relying on extensions/mime-types. This gets complicated though.

Until they do that, I am happy with the 95% that gets 'caught' this way.
  •  
stranikm

You are right - people can change extension, but most of them will not do it, because these jokes send in MPG files to their frieds, and if they change it, their friend (basic skills) will not able play it and they just delete it or start to coplain to somebody.

That is my experience. But you are right, they will learn it and I will have same problem. Check real type of file is good way - good idea.
  •  
winkelman

You are correct in the fact that 'simple users' may find out about the 'put-it-in-zip-and-it-gets-through' trick quicker than the 'rename-the-file' trick. True. In that sense looking into zip/rar/arj/ace/etc.-files will help... (I am already blocking password-protected content, so that's no problem.)
Previous Topic: Sender ID, Caller ID, SPF: I am getting confused %-)
Next Topic: Patch 6 and Apostrophes...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:44:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.