Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2004 SP2 Breaks Kerio Exchange Connection
  •  
gmsmith

Send a private message to this user
I just installed SP2 that was released today for Office 2004, now I can not connect to my Kerio 6.1 install using the exchange protocal.

Any ideas?
  •  
st3phen

Yes, but with the new features, I hope that Kerio can now get on the ball to implement them on KMS-- now that Entourage explicitly supports the features.
  •  
gmsmith

Thats fine and dandy and I am a big Kerio supporter, but I am not looking forward to the calls from users when their update breaks their Kerio connection :)

Greg
  •  
sedell

Quote:

I just installed SP2 that was released today for Office 2004, now I can not connect to my Kerio 6.1 install using the exchange protocal.

Now you need a Kerio Entourage Connector. Payback from us Windows users to even the playing field. ;)

Scott
  •  
st3phen

Yeah, I just sent the following to my users:
------------------------------------
Hello,

Today, Microsoft released Service Pack 2 for their Office 2004 Mac product line. This release promises great new features.

...HOWEVER...

If your Entourage has been set up with an "Exchange-style" account*, it is imperative that you not update to Service Pack 2 (hereafter referred-to as "SP2"). SP2 breaks connectivity with "Exchange-style" accounts*.

Users who have IMAP accounts (and not "Exchange-style" accounts*) can safely update to SP2. This update includes lots of new features and performance enhancements that are beneficial to daily use. Read more here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/autoupdate/description/AUOffice 20041120EN.htm

The way that you will likely be prompted to update is via a program on your computer called Microsoft AutoUpdate. If this program launches and offers to update your Office, and you have an "Exchange-style" account*, you must Cancel that update (until further notice).

I will update you all on when it is safe to update to SP2.

* You can determine whether you have an "Exchange-style" account by taking your Entourage offline. Do this under the Entourage menu (next to the ? menu). If, after Working Offline, your Exchange account now says (Not connected) after the account name, then you have the "Exchange-style" account.

Regards,
Stephen
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

st3phen is correct, and I will be posting an annoucement about this.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

Previous Topic: wish: smtp forwarding with "smtp auth"
Next Topic: Outlook Contact List
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:01:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.