Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2004 Service Pack 2
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Send a private message to this user
Microsoft recently released Service Pack 2 for Entourage 2004.

This release adds the ability to support public Calendars and Contacts.

However, Kerio MailServer has not been modified to take advantage of this ability. We will be including support for Service Pack 2 in a later release.

There is an additional problem: Installation of Service Pack 2 on Entourage 2004 with an exisiting Exchange-style account may cause loss of all contact and calendar items.

Please do not install Service Pack 2 if you are using Exchange-style accounts.

Regular IMAP accounts will not be affected.

Cheers,
Joshua Thomas

[Updated on: Thu, 15 December 2005 18:07]

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
phil_w

Any timescale on this do you think?

I don't expect Microsoft warned any developers like yourselves about such major changes?

Would be great to get the central contacts etc working. Many of my customers would be very happy bunnies if I could do that for them on their Macs...

•  
markflo

So, will only EXISTING accounts lose existing data? Or would it be safe to use a NEW Entourage account with KMS in Entourage 2004 SP2?
  •  
phil_w

A new account will not successfully connect at all. An existing account looks like all is ok initially - but actually is not able to synch.

•  
g.otto

For me once SP2 was installed my clients email did not sync and continued to crash and try to sync for 24 hours before I had to Force Quit it. Caused HUGE issues on users machines. Solution was to remove and then reinstall Office. But now the clients that had to reinstall are getting spinning beach ball for the first 2 minutes, approximently, of Entourages launch.
  •  
Bob Johnston

Any additional news on the Entourage 2004/KMS front? From reading this topic, it looks like Kerio is coming out with an update to resolve the Entourage 2004 Exchange Account problems?

Thanks...
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Yep. It's being worked on.

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
sonofcolin

From 6.1.1 changelog:
Quote:

Fixed WebDAV method used for Delegation in Entourage 2004

Can we install SP2 for Entourage with this change?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 17:00]

•  
Kerio_jthomas

Update on this:

This is a major issue for many users. We waive normal protocol on this one and I can tell you we expect to have this fixed in a patch to 6.1.1. Should be before 6.1.2.

The obvious followup question to this is "when". I'm not sure. I will make an estimate and say middle of November.

Eventually we will be better at meeting our timelines, and then we will give solid ideas of when our patches will be out. But we are not there yet.

-Joshua

Joshua Thomas
Santa Clara, CA 95054

•  
gmsmith

Finally at least someone recognizes this is a major issue. The fact that it is taking the better part of a month and a half to fix is a bit concerning.

It would seem to make sense given the business that Kerio is in, that they have a development relationship with Microsoft. It appears SP2 caught Kerio off guard...that is even more concerning.

Incredibly frustrated,
Greg
  •  
gmsmith

Any updates on the "estimate"?
  •  
sonofcolin

Not normlly one to complain, but this is really beginning to irritate me! 2 months since this SP was released and still no fix.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

We are getting very close to releasing the 6.1.1 patch 1 version that will add support for SP2. We are currently testing this version here in the office, and we are hoping to have it released publicly soon. We appreciate your patience while we test this version, and rest assured that SP2 support is one of top priorities.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
gmsmith

Generally top priorities don't take 60 days at least they don't in the development shop I run. And frankly I have been hearing soon for 45 of those days, so pardon my lack of excitement.
Anonymous
KMS 6.1.1 patch 1 has now been posted to the public download site:

http://www.kerio.com/kms_download.html
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.1.1 Patch 1
Next Topic: Kerio 6.1.1 Patch 1 Crash
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 12:58:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00563 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.