Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage X error message
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
I have a user who has started getting this error message out of the blue:

"The server returned the following error. Unable to add message to IMAP mailbox. The corresponding local folder will be used instead."

This error appears whenever he sends a message. He says it happens 50% of the time. The message will go to his LOCAL outbox, but the message will have sent anyway.

Has anyone seen this? I haven't changed anything on the server and he has just recently started getting this message. I don't use quotas, so this isn't the problem. His Sent Items folder does not have that many messages in it (200 maybe).

Client: Using Entourage X in Exchange mode
Server: KMS 6.0.10 patch 3 on Redhat Linux

Thanks,
BP
  •  
puskas

Yup, seen it loads. Kerio will probably tell you to go to 6.1 with latest patch. I have just upgraded this morning, so don't know if it is sorted yet.

Puskas
  •  
bperkins

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'm waiting for 6.1.1 to come out before I upgrade. 6.0.10 is rock solid for me. I guess he'll have to deal with it until I upgrade.

Many thanks,
BP
  •  
Lyle M

That's a known issue.

6.0.10 patch 4 will solve it if you're not ready to go to KMS 6.1. Although 6.1p6 isn't perfect, it's the version that convinced us to finally make the leap from 6.0.10 (in our NO-KOC environment). Still, waiting for 6.1.1 isn't such a bad idea.

Regards,
Lyle Millander
  •  
bperkins

Thanks Lyle! I have 6.0.10 patch 3 not realizing they had more patches for 6.0.10. I'll contact support.

So, are you happy you upgraded to 6.1p6 or wished you would of held out a little longer? I love 6.0.10 stability, but I'm really wanting to take advantage of the webmail mini and the new spam features. Any comments you have are appreciated.

thanks,
BP
  •  
Lyle M

6.1p6 has not been as stable as 6.0.10p4 - at least for webmail users. The most glaring problem occurs when all webmail user's folder lists vanish. A spinning hourglass is all they get. We have about 10 users on webmail, 100+ are on POP and IMAP and they don't experience a problem when the webmail users are stuck.

Restarting the KMS process resolves the issue. Worst case, we get this problem once a day. At times it may run for 4 days without a problem. Kerio support is already working on this issue.

If not for this webmail problem, I'd say that I was happy for the upgrade. The webmail mini looks decent on my Treo 650 (albeit with a little side to side scrolling needed). Although there are some minor bugs here and there, I'd be surprised if the next 6.1 wasn't a safe bet.

Note that we don't use KOC or its little brother, so their functionality does not weigh on my positive opinion of KMS.

Cheers,
Lyle Millander
  •  
peterj

Quote:

or its little brother

What are you referring to?
  •  
bperkins

Thanks for all the info Lyle. Out of my 165 users, about 50+ are webmail users, so your comments help a lot. I plan to wait on 6.1.1.

peterj: I think Lyle is refering to the KSP as the little brother.

Many thanks,
BP
  •  
winkelman

lylehm wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 16:14

6.1p6 has not been as stable as 6.0.10p4 - at least for webmail users. The most glaring problem occurs when all webmail user's folder lists vanish. A spinning hourglass is all they get.

I'm too having this issue with 2 users (out of about 40) on Webmail since I updated from 6.1.0 to 6.1.0p6. I did not have this issue on 6.1.0. Strange thing is it just happens with these 2 users (who share their INBOX). Might be a mailstore problem.

Did you get any suggestions from support? They asked me to change the CheckSessionClientIP setting to 0 in mailserver.cfg, but that hasn't hepled...
Previous Topic: how to do it???
Next Topic: Active Directory not displaying Kerio tabs / schema
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:31:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.