Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error???
  •  
mthunholm

Send a private message to this user
Can anyone tell me what this error is and how to fix it? I have it coming up in several logs for users.

[28/Sep/2005 07:20:41] user_stats.cpp: Storage quota for user pmulloy<_at_>dist50.net falls below zero

[28/Sep/2005 07:20:41] user_stats.cpp: Storage quota for user pmulloy<_at_>dist50.net falls below zero
  •  
winkelman

Yes, I sometimes get this log entry as well and I've read other people mentioning it also. AFAIK there is no solution, but AFAIK it is not a 'real' problem also...
  •  
Soup

I get this too and it is a big problem because once a users quota gets lost there's no way to recount it. What's the point of having a quota system to stop your drives becoming full when it incorrectly reads how much data the users are storing?

This need fixing.

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
sedell

We don't use quotas, but I had a problem with a user's statistics a while back that was similar. It generated a "falls below zero" message, but it wasn't for the quota.

Have you tried this one? It fixed my user stats, which I *think* is responsible for tracking user quota. Stop KMS, rename the... um, I can't remember exactly and I'm not at the office, so I can't check... I think it's the user.stat file. Or is it stats.user, or stats.fld? Something along those lines. Then restart KMS and it will regenerate the file. It has to be done while KMS is NOT running though, otherwise it'll regenerate using the same bad info.

Scott
  •  
Soup

All that will do is rebuild the stats file to zero. I've had a ticket with support on this issue and the last I heard from Kerio on the subject was that there is currently no way of recounting a users quota stats.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2005 07:10]

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
winkelman

I have been succesfull in recounting users statistics in the way sedell describes (deleting the stats file). I had to do this when I (in an older version of KMS) moved messages from one user to antoher 'behind the scenes' in Windows in the store itself. The stats ended up wrong and they where recounted correctly after removing the file.

And to confirm: I also get the 'falls below zero' error sometimes for some users... Hasn't led to any 'real' problems thusfar, but I would like to see the issue resolved. These log entries do make me womewhat nervous. They point to a problem somewhere...

Just like I would like a 'reindex users folders' button in the Admin Console, a 'recount users quota' button could be nice.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 October 2005 11:38]

Previous Topic: Long delay on Webmail
Next Topic: Bluewin.ch
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 02:19:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00516 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.