Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » general input output error
  •  
dermot

Send a private message to this user
Hi

We're using Kerio 6.1 patch 6. We are having ongoing problems with attaching word documents to emails. Although they appear to attach OK and will appear in the recipient's inbox with the document attached, upon downloading users get 'general error, general input output error'.

On viewing the email in Kerio it reads the docunent size correctly (but cannot download the full file), on viewing the email in other email accounts, the email shows only a 1kb attachment.

We got this wrror with prior versions of Kerio. I had hoped the patch would fix it....

Can anyone help with this? Users going barmy!

Thanks

Dermot
  •  
RPC_Admin

I found I can work around this by not using KOC with attachments. When I need to attach soething or need to download an attachment, I goto Kerio Webmail. Hope that helps some.
  •  
dermot

Hi

Thanks for the response - however should have said that we are only using webmail!!

Dermot
  •  
winkelman

I had a similar problem in Webmail under KMS 6.0.7. Office attachements (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) were corrupted by KMS and could not be opened by the recipient. Back then this was a known problem and was (for me) solved by upgrading to 6.1.0 (I don't know about patch 6).

It seems KMS webmail is handling Office files in a strange manner, sometimes breaking the attachments.

Did you submit a ticket for this?
  •  
dermot

Hi

Nope - was hoping for a quick answer through the forum!!

Dermot
Previous Topic: Active Directory not displaying Kerio tabs / schema
Next Topic: What version of KOC to use?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:42:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.