Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Help with setting up LAN and Exchange
  •  
FragglePete

Send a private message to this user
Evening all.

Just need help in filling the gaps here or advising where necessary. I didn't put all of this together, I've kinda jumped in where someone was having major problems along with the network being all over the place and wide open, so I've got it secure and working to a point.

I setup a Gateway machine (Two NICS as required) with Firewall. Internet side is connected to Broadband Router which is connected to ADSL with a static IP address that has been assigned about 14 addresses.

LAN side is on a class A network (10.0.0.x), should really be a Class C I know, but that's what we're working with for now. LAN is a W2K Domain. Gateway machine is assigned IP address 10.0.0.34. On LAN is the Mainserver which is 10.0.0.1 which is also running MS Exchang. It's working fine internally, but hasn't really been setup to pick up (or sit and recieve) e-mail from the outside yet.
Using the DHCP server with firewall to assign addresses and all appears to be working correctly. Firewall tests on the LAN look good.

I here have no real knowledge of Exchange or how it routes out to the network. So please bear with me!!!

Desktop PC's on LAN are surfing away quite happily and Firewall/Gateway/Filtering etc is working nicely !! However, what sort of considerations and rules should be considered for the Exchange box to work correctly (or indeed what is the correct state for the Broadband router, etc). Any advice and steps taken by anybody setting up this type of setup would be helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Pete
Previous Topic: WinRoute 5.1.8 AUTHENTICATION PAGE
Next Topic: Kerio 5.1.9 with one subnet (public IP number)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 15:53:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00323 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.