Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » VPN Client cannot ping my internal network
  •  
pphillips

Send a private message to this user
Hi have a friend connecting to me via VPN with no problems but he cannot ping me and I cannot ping him.

Please can someone help me with this.

My internal IP Address is : 192.168.0.10 and the VPN IP Address (Example): 172.25.263.1.

•  
winkelman

Is ICMP traffic allowed?
  •  
pphillips

Yes, I have done everything that I can think of!

I am using a NetGear Router (ADSL) and opened up all ports in and out.

I also got Kerio to open all ports and still no luck.

Strange thing is that my friends internet traffic is routed throught my local network.
  •  
winkelman

Quote:

I am using a NetGear Router (ADSL) and opened up all ports in and out.

I also got Kerio to open all ports and still no luck

Is this all you "can think of"?

You are not providing a lot of information and people are (I know I am) hesitant to help, because a) we put effort in providing tips you already checked but did not mention here (like in the ICMP case above), or b) you did not try very much yourself and want us to do your work or c) you do not know enough about routing but still expect to be able to run an application like KWF by asking us to do your work.

All in all not very encouraging...

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2005 11:50]

•  
pphillips

Well no, I can think of tonns of different things but looking of general pointers before I go into detail.

No I have done tonns of different things, e.g. Google, this site, other areas on the internet blah blah blah.

THE FACTS:
1. The firewall is fully open, including WinRoute.
2. Both parties can connect via VPN
3. Neither of us can ping our internal network(s).
4. My Blood group is -AB (just in case that you need more information)

Please can you provide some more information on what information you would like?

mmm, 'want you to do the work', well that is going to be very hard since you are in the Amsterdam, so I am not asking you to do the work.

Yes, you do have a valid point, I don't know alot about routing but tell me this, whats the point of a forum and no again I am not asking to do the work (pretty hard to do through a forum).

If you do not want to help, fine but don't waste other peoples time unless you are going to help as I am not the only one that is going to ask this type of question.
  •  
feite

Enable logging of packets at the ICMP traffic rules. Check the filter log for answers. You should be able to see that a ping request arrived at the firewall and what is happening to it. Try this and report your findings.
  •  
pphillips

Thank you for you help.

I will check this when I get back from work.
Previous Topic: Domain vs Workgroup
Next Topic: Help on file and printing sharing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 22:05:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.