Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail timing out.
  •  
jonbrain

Send a private message to this user
Iv never had this in previous versions, but since upgrading to Patch 6, Webmail keeps timing out for lots of my users, including myself.

Has anyone else seen this?
  •  
winkelman

jonbrain wrote on Mon, 10 October 2005 12:10

Iv never had this in previous versions, but since upgrading to Patch 6, Webmail keeps timing out for lots of my users, including myself.

Has anyone else seen this?

We also experienced similar problems under patch 6. Some users could not login after a while (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour). The hourglass would keep on spinning.

In administration console there would be lots and lots of HTTP connections to these workstations which were never released. Only a server restart would fix the issue (for a very short while).

Went back to KMS 6.1.0 without patches...

Did you call support or submitted a ticket? May be a good idea, let them know more people have these problems...
  •  
pruits

I would be very intereted if others are having this problem. I was going to upgrade to Patch 6 tommorow, but will wait if others are having this problem, as this essentially makes webmail unusable.
  •  
winkelman

When I spoke to support on the phone, they knew about the problem, so there must be more people experiencing this. (They could not resolve this issue for me.)

(I also experienced this same problem with 6.0.9, so I reverted back to [and stayed on] 6.0.8 until 6.1.0 came out.)
  •  
pxh11

We are also seeing this issue. Kerio support has told us that our issue is Bug 8947. This bug is where a folder becomes locked for some unknown reason. What happens in our case is that our Public contacts folder becomes locked, but users still try to access it. This will cause Kerio to hang on all mail services. Users who login to webmail will never see their inboxes. Only a spinning hour glass. If KMS is cycled everything returns to normal. We are seeing this at least 4 times a week. This bug can also cause a crash if not caught.
  •  
winkelman

This problem has been with me on and off since 6.0.9. In 6.0.9 it would happen within 0.5 hour after starting KMS (so I quickly downgraded to 6.0.8). Then it happened immediately after upgrading to 6.1.0, but I 'solved' it by changing two entries in the mailserver.cfg. Then it started happening immediately after I upgraded to 6.1.0 patch 6, so I quickly went back to 6.1.0. Now it only happens ~2 times a month.

It is a very disturbing problem. More so since the bug has been 'on and off' in different KMS versions. Allways makes me very scared for updates...

I wonder what a 'locked folder' means...
Previous Topic: URI Blacklist and Kerio's Spamassassin
Next Topic: License Change - Windows to Linux
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:23:21 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.