Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail login page
  •  
Freaken

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to create an own login page, or at least show the login page in an Iframe or frameset (asp.net).

Any help , suggestions are welcome,

Vincent
  •  
paulh

The login page is index.php which I think is in the mailserver/webmail/default folder - if you want to make your own html page which is the frame page to use, then this would work.

Having said that, I too would like to access the source code for index.php because I want to be able to automate email login by providing links on my client desktops which pre-complete the username and password and automatically click the Login button by POSTing the data as appropriate. Before anyone cries "Security!!" we need to remember that when people fire up Outlook, their username and password are "remembered" and they don't have to login. Using Kerio Webmail on desktops within the company (i.e. they are physically secure) would alleviate the tedious login process, which, when you have more thab one domain and users have to type in their full email address to reach the secondary domains, can be irritating.

On the assumtion that Kerio will not release the code for the index.php page, does anyone know of a way to POST the username and password data to the appropriate php page to effect a login automatically?
  •  
sedell

Change the action attribute in the <form> tag to your mail server. Then change the two inputs to include username and password. Save it as a file with an .html extension. It should log you in automatically when you open it. The name attributes are not what I would normally expect in an HTML form. I don't know if those are created dynamically, or they are static.

<html>
<head><title>Kerio Webmail Autologin</title></head>
<body onload="document.forms.k42na.submit();">
<form name="k42na" action="http://mail.domain.com/default/dologin.php" method="post">
<input name="k3500" type="hidden" value="username">
<input name="k35gk" type="hidden" value="password">
<input name="kmb3a" type="hidden" value="full">
</form>
</body>
</html>

Scott
  •  
paulh

Perfect. Thank you, Scott.
  •  
peterj

Thanks Scott - A really useful bit of info
  •  
peterj

sedell.

Since upgrading to 6.1.1 the HTML post file does not login to KMS webmail any more. I get login failed.

Any ideas what has changed or perhaps you could update the info...?

Many Thanks

•  
sedell

I'm not sure. I haven't updated to 6.1.1 myself yet. It's possible parameters were changed in the new version. First thing to check is with a "view source" on your login page to make sure the parameter names haven't changed. If they have, they just need to be changed to match. I'm hoping to install on at least a test machine tomorrow, so I'll be able to get a better idea then.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Thanks Scott

I have changed the variable names & the updated HTML is below

<html>
<head><title>Kerio Webmail Autologin</title></head>
<body onload="document.forms.k42na.submit();">
<form name="k42na" action="http://<MYSERVER>/default/dologin.php" method="post">
<input name="k3tda" type="hidden" value="username">
<input name="k4000" type="hidden" value="password">
<input name="kneda" type="hidden" value="full">
</form>
</body>
</html>

•  
sedell

Changed parameter names. I'm glad it turned out to be something simple. A pain in the butt if you have to update a bunch of computers though. I wonder why they rotate parameter values with different releases... unless it has to do with the zend encryption.

Scott
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

Hi,

we are working on a change in login screen, so that form field names will not change anymore.

I'm now collecting suggestions on integration of login screen into external web. It's clear that there are two common scenarios:

- custom login page (e.g. part of company Intranet portal)
- fully automatic login, just like sedell's solution

I would like to know your ideas for possible enhancements, like for example ability to specify displayed folder after login or specify where the user will go after Logout. Also please share any security concerns that you may have.

Thanks!

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
winkelman

pdousa wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 13:46

- custom login page (e.g. part of company Intranet portal)

Yes, it would be nice if you could login to webmail from the intranet. Maybe you can provide some code that could be intergrated into another design? Maybe several different ones (different sizes, etc.) that could be 'included' from the intranet? Something like that...

Although to me it does not really matter. A link to the Kerio login page on the intranet sooths me just fine. (In that case it would be nice if there was an easy way to include the company logo and some custom text to the Kerio login screen.)
  •  
ceejaynet

One of the problems with the webmail for customisation it cannot be loaded into a frame, we in the past with Merak Wemail, had a banner at the top of the page with the webmail below it.

Also we need a way to set a skin "i.e. stratosphere" as a default skin for all our users.

Regards.

Craig.
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

So, here you go since 6.1.2 onward :-)

<html>
<head><title>WebMail Autologin</title></head>
<body onLoad="document.forms[0].submit()">
<form action="https://<SERVER>/default/dologin.php" method="post">
<input name="kerio_username" type="hidden" value="username">
<input name="kerio_password" type="hidden" value="password">
</form>
</body>
</html>

There are even optional features like:

<input name="kerio_mode" type="hidden" value="mini"> (possible values: full, mini, pda; full is default)
<input name="kerio_startFolder" type="hidden" value="Public Folders/Contacts">

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
paulh

Hi,

That's very kind of you - thank you for updating me with the new version.

Best wishes,

Paul.
cohcon

Pavel, Due to the way Kerio has always changed each login page from release to release, I've always recreated my login pages to make sure that I had your latest code to work from. I also customize the skins, stylesheets, and icons.

Will our custom pages, and other files still be overwritten with each new release?

Do you have some documentation about coding custom pages somewhere since you guys are now supporting this?

Thanks,

Previous Topic: Connect Webmail Kerio localhost from WAN
Next Topic: 6.0.9 Feedback
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Jun 22 13:58:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00505 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.