Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » how to remotely admin
  •  
sanjshah68

Send a private message to this user
hi,
can u pls tell us how to admin winroute firewall remotely. we tried using url http://192.168.0.1:44333 but nothing happens.

users can access internet if we put proxy settings in i.e but if we do not put any proxy settings they cannot browse. they should using nating feature. it seems nating is not working. to chk this we have put any any condition in firewall.

pls help

regards

sanjay
  •  
feite

Remote admin: use the administration console.

NAT/IE: there could be multiple thinks wrong.
- check the default gateway for the client. Should point to KWF machine
- check traffic rules. If you want clients to browse internet without proxy set make sure you have a rule like this:

name: browse internet
source: lan
dest: internet
service: HTTP, HTTPS
action: allow
translation: NAT default outgoing interface
  •  
gregcaulder

feite wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 13:10

Remote admin: use the administration console.

NAT/IE: there could be multiple thinks wrong.
- check the default gateway for the client. Should point to KWF machine
- check traffic rules. If you want clients to browse internet without proxy set make sure you have a rule like this:

name: browse internet
source: lan
dest: internet
service: HTTP, HTTPS
action: allow
translation: NAT default outgoing interface

Cant run jsut the console. when i only install the console, and try to run it, it says taht it cant run by itselfe; seems that it is wanting to ahve the damn firewall server software installed too. Any Ideas?

Greg
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

gregcaulder wrote on Thu, 13 April 2006 20:57

Cant run jsut the console. when i only install the console, and try to run it, it says taht it cant run by itselfe; seems that it is wanting to ahve the damn firewall server software installed too. Any Ideas?

Greg

What version of KWF are you running? Did you do the download just for the Admin Console? http://www.kerio.com/kwf_download.html It's the 12.9MB download. This can be run on any system, the Firewall engine does not need to be installed to run the Admin Console.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
kesleri

I think he was thinking of controlling Kerio trough a web browser? Rolling Eyes
  •  
gregcaulder

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Fri, 14 April 2006 17:10

gregcaulder wrote on Thu, 13 April 2006 20:57

Greg

What version of KWF are you running? Did you do the download just for the Admin Console? http://www.kerio.com/kwf_download.html It's the 12.9MB download. This can be run on any system, the Firewall engine does not need to be installed to run the Admin Console.

I was trying to do the wrong thing. Completley wrong on my part. It works, how it should have in the first place.

Greg
Previous Topic: Access ADSL-router Setup page
Next Topic: traffic rule help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 02:27:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.