Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » dns/wins everything slowww
  •  
daankerker

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

It's been a couple of weeks since we have installed our new server here, and everything seems to be working. It's only just that everything is slooowwwwww....

Everything takes ages to do.

I figured to use DNS and that solved the 10 minute-wait for logging in with my profile. Yes, I'm a noobie.

Anyway I was thinking of using WINS or something. Dunno. We have 2 servers. One is the internet and mail server with Windows 2003 web edition (wich has kerio mailserver and firewall running on it) the other has Windows NT and has the Active Directory on it with all the profiles etc.

Is it possible to use the NT server to login to and grab my profile and use apps that are connected to this server, without any crap slowing down my speed because of the other server? And use the Internet/Mailserver to connect through the internet?

Or maybe you guys know any good tweaks.

Don't know if there is any more info you need. But please post.

No I'm not the system admin. Be nice. It's my project for school Razz Un-noob me.
  •  
winkelman

Wow. Do not talk about WINS if you know so little about networking. Maybe you're in over your head here... These are no easy matters.
  •  
daankerker

Exactly. That's why I seek help.
Previous Topic: Losing Internet Connection when starting Winroute
Next Topic: Cannot access wifi AP admin page with winroute running
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:28:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.