Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » License error: License exhausted, cannot allow another host
  •  
Noname

Send a private message to this user
I am using Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.0.9.
I have a license for 110 (in use 41) but I found this morning following error:
------------------------------------------------------------ ------
(2003) License error: License exhausted, cannot allow another host
------------------------------------------------------------ ------

The error was repeated many times, with different IP addresses, and stoped about 8:00 am

It seams somebody tried to use the firewall connection with different hosts, using a some kind of hacker tool.

Any ideas where is the problem? And how to solve it?
  •  
winkelman

I believe licences are counted by IP addresses. So, if you're right, someone is trying out a bunch of IP addresses. Isn't there anything in the logs?

Note that a connection takes up a minimum time period. Even if a host only connects for, say, 5 minutes, this host will take up a licence for a longer period. (I'm not sure how long this period is, some hours AFAIK, ask support if you want to know.)
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Licenses are counted in the following way:

* Each unique IP address which connets outbound through the firewall counts as one IP address. This includes VPN clients.

Licenses 'in use' is counted in the following way:

* If an IP address has any active connection through the firewall, it is in use.

* An active connection is defined as 'not timed out'. Therefore a connection can still be 'active' even if a computer has been turned off, because the session has not timed out on the remote side. Most protocols have a time out delay of a few minutes.

* After all connections are timed out, WinRoute continues to assume the license is 'in use' for an additional 20 minutes. It is assumed users may go away from their computers and return, reboot the computer, and so on. This is not a configurable setting.

* After all connections are dead and 20 minutes have expired, the license is freed for us.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

Previous Topic: Winroute Admin via OSX
Next Topic: 2nd Tunnel created, thru Dialup.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:50:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00443 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.