Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving to a new server
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Send a private message to this user
I need to move my Kerio server from our office machine to another server in a hosted data center. I want to move all the existing mail data to the new server.

Is there anything I need to do more complicated than installing Kerio on the new server and then moving the whole Kerio data folder? Any tips or tricks?
  •  
winkelman

• Install KMS on the new machine (make sure you install exactly the same KMS version)
  • Copy the complete store directory
  • Copy the .cfg files

Basicly, that's it!

As long as you delete nothing on the old machine, you can try all you like without losing data :)

PS: look into the manual/knowledge base, there are article about this.

Here: http://support.kerio.com/kb/2

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2005 23:04]

•  
mrshermanoaks

I used the backup / kmsrestore functions to try a dry run, and it seemed to work great. However, when I connected to the new server with the Admin client, I got a dialog that all services were stopped until I installed my license key file. Unfortunately, there seemed to be no way to dismiss the dialog to install the license key file - clicking on it or hitting enter or return did nothing, and I had to force-quit the Admin application. Mac OS X 10.3.9 / KMS 6.1.0p8.

Is there some trick to getting the license key in?
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Copy your license.key file to /license under your regular KMS install directory.

The admin console behavior is strange, I have not heard of anything like it.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

Previous Topic: Attachments getting corrupt
Next Topic: KMS & KOC Dependencies
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:45:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00347 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.