Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » maybe some ideas...
  •  
silius

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
i'm using kerio mail server for a long time and it's a really great product !!!
I just would like to sugest some little things that users would like to have :)
- ability to make a 'group of contacts' in the webmail (actually, users are using mailing lists, but group would be simplier)
- users would like to have more than one 'Default reply address' and select them in the listbox "from" when sending mails.

thank you for reading,

regards.

•  
winkelman

silius wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 14:48

- ability to make a 'group of contacts' in the webmail (actually, users are using mailing lists, but group would be simplier)

Ah, yes! Proper distribution lists is a feature that a lot of people want (me included). Maybe if we keep shouting long enough some day it will be built into KMS Webmail :-)

A workaround is to make a normal contact and use this as a distribution list of sorts by entering more email adresses seperated by a comma in the email field of the contact.

silius wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 14:48

- users would like to have more than one 'Default reply address' and select them in the listbox "from" when sending mails.

In some sense this is already possible. If you enter more email adresses in the users properties (from Admin Console) users can choose which one to 'send from' in the mail compose window. (So the limitation is this cannot be a shared email address. Also a problem: the from email address is 'choosable' this way, but the 'nice name' is always the users name, this can't be changed.)
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

> - ability to make a 'group of contacts' in the webmail (actually, users are using mailing lists, but group would be simplier)

It's on the list Smile

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
benvazquez

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 20:29

> - ability to make a 'group of contacts' in the webmail (actually, users are using mailing lists, but group would be simplier)

It's on the list :)

If it becomes a reality I'll do backflips naked. This is really the only reason we "have" to use Outlook.
  •  
silius

Hi,
i can see that you'r reading your customers :-), thank you !

If i may, one another thing that could be great to have in it :

- ability to send more that one file in a mail

about "more than one 'Default reply address'", users would like other address than the domain owning them ! (i'm not sure i'm understandable ;-))
  •  
mazzel

It would be really great if 'groups of contacts' becomes possible in webmail.
All my users are asking for this!!
  •  
bperkins

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Tue, 25 October 2005 14:29

It's on the list :)

I would think this would be VERY HIGH on the list. I (along with others) have asked for this a long time.
  •  
winkelman

silius wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 09:04

Huh? You can send up to 10 or 15 attachements per mail... (In webmail) just hit the 'Add attachement button' again after already attaching a file...

(Of course, there are per attachment and per mail size restrictions [configurable].)
  •  
silius

winkelman wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 13:04

silius wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 09:04

Huh? You can send up to 10 or 15 attachements per mail... (In webmail) just hit the 'Add attachement button' again after already attaching a file...

(Of course, there are per attachment and per mail size restrictions [configurable].)

oups... sorry, users (and I) didnt saw that ;-)
Sorry!
  •  
winkelman

silius wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 16:57

oups... sorry, users (and I) didnt saw that ;-)
Sorry!

No problem! Glad to help :-)
Previous Topic: Anti-Virus Issues
Next Topic: How to back up KMS for disaster recovery emergencies?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:23:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00505 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.