Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Anti-Virus Issues
  •  
averyb

Send a private message to this user
As I've been reading these forums trying to improve my understanding of KMS and KOC, I have found an occassional reference that the built-in Anti-Virus in KMS hasn't been performing as well as some had hoped. Particularly that performance has been slow scanning inbound and outbound emails and something about messages slipping through before a DAT was updated.

I was curious if others have had problems with Virus getting through the mail server.

What client side AV configurations have worked for you?

•  
sedell

We had 4 separate occasions where viruses got in before the built in McAfee was updated with a DAT to catch it. We have NOD32 as our desktop scanner, and the heuristics nailed the viruses before they could cause any damage... other than time spent dealing with alerts going off all over the building.

Since then, we've gone with NOD32 for KMS. It frequently catches things that are "probaby a variant of xxxxxx". Every time it uses "probably" to describe a virus, the heuristics was responsible for catching the file. I feel a lot better not having to wait for a def file before it catches things. They do update sometimes several times a day though, so even without heuristics it's better than waiting for McAfee updates.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

sedell wrote on Thu, 27 October 2005 02:27

Since then, we've gone with NOD32 for KMS.

What's the pricing scheme like for NOD32? A per user license?
  •  
sedell

Yes, it's a per user setup... I have no idea how/if they keep track of user/mailbox numbers though. I think the more users you license the less it costs per, but in our case it cost the same as the built in McAfee. After doing the math, both came out to be $6.50 (USD) per user/mailbox.

Scott
Previous Topic: Slow webmail access from LAN systems
Next Topic: maybe some ideas...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:44:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00363 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.