Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Change effect of reaching quota?
  •  
Soup

Send a private message to this user
Whenever anybody in our company reaches their quota the Kerio Mail Server will no longer allow any mail to be recieved for that user.

Although I understand why this happens I would much prefer it if the effect would be to stop the user from sending any mail (as it does in Exchange).

The problem with the current method is that if somebody sends a user a large file (common in our industry) that pushes them to their limit then any other mail from potentially important clients gets rejected.

I think limiting them sending email works better as it makes users tidy up their inbox etc without blocking very important email.

Any way to do this?

paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
winkelman

Very good suggestion! I want to support this feature request :)

If a user can't send mail (but still receive), it's motivation enough for him/her to start cleaning up.

Better yet: make it configurable (maybe even per user?). Because there are situations thinkable where reaching a quota should really mean that you do not allow any more space to be taken up.
  •  
gaug2

I thing to, this should be a good idea.
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

I filed a suggestion for this.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
pwhodges

Some systems have two trigger points - at the first sending is stopped, and at the second everything.

Paul
Previous Topic: catchall's and fails/bouncing
Next Topic: Serious bug in Calendar with regard to daylight saving time...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:24:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.