Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Future Kerio Features, and Timeline of Releases
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

Send a private message to this user
At the current time, we can't comment on any upcoming new features, or a timeline for any of our releases.

Our current policy is to not say anything. This is unfortunate because we'd like to tell you what we are working on. =(

However, our current development and release process has been revamped and reworked. We are in transisition and we don't want to guess at timeframes or features that we might miss or change. It's not fair to customers.

We *do* want to tell you, and we're working on it. When our development process can consistently mean our own internal deadlines, we'll start discussing them in a public setting.

Thank you for being patient. =)

Cheers,
Joshua

[Updated on: Thu, 17 May 2007 17:24] by Moderator

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
sedell

What about offline functionality in the KOC? I personally don't like this new policy of "tell them nothing" but I suppose I can learn live with it... grudgingly.

However, offline usage has been promised a LONG time ago, and still has not appeared. If I can't give our execs and users at least an estimate, they're going to force the issue by moving to another product.

Scott
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

I'm sorry Scott (if we lose you as a customer, I really am! Sad ), but I can't make any estimate.

Our "offline mode" was the KSP, which didn't deliver in the way we wanted. The actual for-real offline mode, with all the whistles and bells, requires a tremendous amount of development and testing time.

(To give some idea, it would be one of the biggest changes to KOC, ever. Think of how it would be if we did not extensively test it.)

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
sedell

That's a joke, right? KSP was meant to be the offline mode?

Scott
  •  
jshaw541

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 10:19

At the current time, we can't comment on any upcoming new features, or a timeline for any of our releases.

Our current policy is to not say anything. This is unfortunate because we'd like to tell you what we are working on.

However, our current development and release process has been revamped and reworked. We are in transisition and we don't want to guess at timeframes or features that we might miss or change. It's not fair to customers.

We *do* want to tell you, and we're working on it. When our development process can consistently mean our own internal deadlines, we'll start discussing them in a public setting.

Thank you for being patient.

Cheers,
Joshua

I respect and understand this Joshua, but on the other hand, many of us need to plan our infrastructures. For example, one request that keeps coming up in our organization is an entire groupware solution (email/calendar/instant messaging).

Right now, if a PHB were to demand "integrated IM"/etc, KMS would have to be shelved as a possible solution, because we'd have no idea if that was something a year out or even on your development radar or not.

It would be nice to at least have a vague idea where Kerio is going. Even if we have to sign a Kerio document that says we won't whine on the forums if a deadline or product feature isn't made.

While there are some quite vocal folks that want to hold Kerio to its absolute word, there are probably more of us that realize Kerio is going through some reorganization right now and that things may not happen as planned.

Having some idea is better than having no idea.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
bperkins

Kerio_jthomas wrote on Tue, 01 November 2005 13:19

Our current policy is to not say anything. This is unfortunate because we'd like to tell you what we are working on.

Thank you for being patient.

Cheers,
Joshua

Josh,

Can you give the status of this? I feel that stability has definitely returned to KMS and that the development and release process has vastly improved. Can you give us any information at this time about "estimated" releases and what features are currently being worked on?

Thanks,
Brian
  •  
Marc.Mantione

May I ask why offline support is such a difficult feature to implement?
  •  
danoli

I have to agree with jshaw541.
Without a timeline for future enhancments I am unable to properly plan any infrastructure changes or implementations. It would be in the interests of Kerio to at least publish future enhancements with approx timescales.

I understand that there will be a few people who complain about not meeting deadlines, we are all human and know some timescales are hard to meet but just plainly 'not knowing' is not a policy I am comfortable with. It will also stop a lot of wasted time asking for features already in the pipeline.

Just my thoughts.
  •  
jbordeau53

hi all,
in next version of KMS,
can you add a button on each account to permit or disable access on Webmail / Wep etc... (as exchange 2003) ?
regards

JB
  •  
timme

Hi,

I woulnd't prefer a button on user level than an option in 'advanced settings -> webmail' where I can configure which group is allowed to access webmail.

Regards
  •  
jbordeau53

why not, by user or by group !
Mr Moderator kerio : can you agree with us ?
  •  
danoli

I would like to see this feature, either of the two above suggestions would work, either block webmail on a user by user basis or create a group called 'No Web Mail' and add users to it to block them.
  •  
Anonymous
I'm pretty sure he's going to come back and say that you should send them a ticket for a feature request.
  •  
Anonymous
A vague timeline would at least help. Take Microsoft for example. They had a timeline for Vista to be ready almost 2 years ago (or something in that time frame). At least people had something to look forward to. And when it got pushed back, they put a new due date out there.

They weren't very reliable but they gave people SOMETHING to go on.

That's my two cents.
swierzbicki

Take Microsoft for example

nah ! That is really the worst comparaison to do !.

Just compare both firms :

- Microsoft with thousands of employees
- Kerio with dozens of employees

Microsoft is always having a timeline, and they are most of the time missing their Rendez-vous !

Microsoft is definitively not a commun company that we can compare with !
Previous Topic: How to change port in installed profile?
Next Topic: CalDav Client -> Webseite
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Jun 29 02:24:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00539 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.