Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Internal backup
  •  
awj4

Send a private message to this user
When I run my internal backup using the feature in KMS my mailserver does not respond.

Webmail is sooooo slow. KOC times out.

I have about 8GB uncompressed and 2,5GB compressed mail. The backup takes about 30 min.

My server is a P4 3,2GHz with 1GB memory. Windows 2003 server.
When backup is running the CPU usage is between 2-28% and about 400MB free memory.

I cant see that it is my server that is too small - so how are your server running while running the backup?

And no backup of the listserver in KMS !!!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 22:31]

•  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
Backups bog our system too, if it under full load when the backup is run. I only started a backup during the day once or twice, and it was a bad scene. People were timing out and experiencing severe lag.

I run the backups in the middle of the night to avoid issues. It also takes many hours to run a full backup, so it's best not to do it when the server is in full use anyhow. Is there a reason you have to run the backup while the server is in full use? We have a couple of international sales people who connect at night, and they never complain about speed issues, so the server workload is certainly a factor.

Scott
Previous Topic: 6.1.1 ready!
Next Topic: Internet BlackLists
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:59:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00366 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.