Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » is there a way to move public folders outside of mailbox?
  •  
little_peet

Send a private message to this user
Ok i have a question,

Is there anybody that knows if it is possible to move the public folders outside a users mailbox, just like in exchange?

I need this because our custom software triggers the security settings from outlook and gives a popup every time indicating an application outside outlook is accessing the outlook object.

With exchange the security settings can be adjusted by the admin using the public folders. But outlook looks for a specific folder for these settings (public folders\all public folders\outlook security settings) and not in "mailbox(username)\public folders"

This breaks outlook/erp functionality in our company.

•  
peterj

can't you just turn off the security notification?

Is it the one where you can select to allow access for 1min or 10mins etc as that can be disabled.??

•  
catoxpress

Try using ClickYes by Context Magic. It answers for you and can be turned on or off from a systray icon.

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/
  •  
little_peet

yes it is for the "alow access for xx minutes" dialog (very anoying if you have as us a custom email tracker integrated with outlook)

The program express-clickyes is "bad" it is a program that monitors if a dialog is open and mimics user clicks. If you want to us a program for that use advanced security from:
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/security/

This one is able to see wich program is asking for access and can alow/deny on program instead of all (including mallware)

But the better solution is the official way, with administrator security settings. Kerio is trying to be a exchange replacement, but if that means the security settings are not able to be set, it will never fully replace the use of exchange.

The best way for kerio to implement this, is a admin screen in the admin console that sets the outlook security and passes it to the client by using a "public folders\all public folders\outlook security settings" folder.

For now i will use the advanced security from mapilabs. That works great, the only set back is i have to walk to every workstation and install and set it. And the users can allow a virus for example. and i often catch users that just click yes on every dialog. (i hate those people, that don't think just click)
Previous Topic: mail to addresses that do not exist
Next Topic: Account supression bug
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:35:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.