Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sugestion
  •  
pmatos

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I am trying kms for a need we have that I will try to explain and maybe obtain an explanation and a sugestion from you.

The situation is:
1.- We have a domain registered and hosted by a international host and domain registration company, that provides us with several email adresses.
2.- I need to be able to have kerio mail server to go to the mail server and download all the mail messages from the mail boxes and store them on a mail server on specific periods of time, and then the users will download the messages from the mail server instead of going to the international mail host server. On this situation I will be able to provide users with a fastest email service, since they download the email from the local server instead of the internet mail server, and I will make more bandwidth available for uses that requires internet.

The problem:
1.- Since this domain name is internationally hosted, the mail is available from around the world, and sometimes, the users will be travelling and will have the need to access they're mail messages.

2.- How can I make the mail be available on both local network, and on the mail server for when the user needs it, without occupy space on the mail server? Something like, "delete the message from the international mail server, when it is download by the user from the local mail server..."

Any ideas?

Thank you and regards
Paulo Matos

Paulo Matos
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
You can't do what your are explaining. From the sounds of things, you want to have mail available on someone else's mail server, and your own for download. It sounds also like you only want to use Kerio for use within the network, but another mailserver for access from outside the network. This would involve synchronizing mail between different mail servers, one owned and operated by you, and one not.

Probably the best bet would be to open up your Kerio installation to the internet and make it available to your outside people, then download your mail from your hosted mailserver via the POP3 Download function. That is of course if you even need your hosted mail server. Otherwise, it might be better to just have the mail delivered right to your server.

Scott
Previous Topic: Antivirus in KMS
Next Topic: KMS from windows to linux [URGENT]
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:44:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00331 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.