Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Notify user: Quota exceeded
  •  
pmatos

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I have setup a test user, and I have applied a download limit of 1MB by day, so a can test the mail sent to the user when quota is exceeded.

On the user data, I have especified the user email (my) so I expect to receive a mail message informing that the quota was exceeded, but it did not happens. The user session was blocked, by no mail sent.

Another, question is, how can I send this mail sometime before the quota expires, so the user can receive the email? There is, if kwf send the mail when the quota is exceeded, how will the user receive the mail?

Thank you and regards

Paulo Matos

Paulo Matos
  •  
pmatos

ok... I found the first part on the smtp relay on the advanced tab.

About the second question?
"how can I send this mail sometime before the quota expires, so the user can receive the email? There is, if kwf send the mail when the quota is exceeded, how will the user receive the mail?"

Thank you

Paulo Matos
  •  
winkelman

Yes... if your users mailserver is on the 'other side' of the Firewall machine, this is a catch 22... He will indeed not be able to receive the messages.

Maybe you should make a Traffic Policy for the (external) mailserver, sou authetication is not required for connecting to this server (so it is not blocked if you want to connect to it if you've exceeded the quota).

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2005 13:09]

Previous Topic: For a server at home - will this work?
Next Topic: I Need Help
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:11:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00369 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.