Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Port Forwarding for VNC
  •  
jribbe1

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I just downloaded the trial to test its performance on a win2k3 server. So far it has been great but I am having some difficulty accessing vnc on our desktops. I am not sure if the trial is prohibiting this. Here is my setup.

The server has 2 NICs:

NIC 1 (Cox Internet)
IP: 68.225.*.*
subnet: 255.255.255.128
gateway: 68.225.*.*
dns1: autoconfigured to cox dns1
dns2: autoconfigured to cox dns2

NIC 2 (PRIVATE NETWORK NIC)
IP: 192.168.0.1
subnet: 255.255.255.0
gateway: none inputed
DNS1: autoconfigure
DNS2: autoconfigure

The workstations on the network all have static ip's (192.168.0.*) configurations and they all connect to the internet fine. I have tried different port mapping configurations using the kerio software with no luck. I have vnc ports on each machine at 5903 and 5904 respectively.

What would be the correct proceedure to get the users from the outside to connect to their workstations with vnc? Could this be a problem with the server? I can ping all workstations from the server with no problem but I can't ping my public 68.225.*.* address from a computer on another network. Thanks for the help.

Josh
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
You can only connect 10 PC's...

You would have to configure VNC on each PC to use a different port (5900 to 5909) and then make 10 different portmappings on KWF (and instructing your users which port to use).

The limit of 10 PC's is because VNC can only be configured for 10 ports.
Previous Topic: Can I/How to change the TTL VALUE of IP packet?
Next Topic: WAN MINIPort PPTP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 16:26:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00339 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.