Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problem with the domain controller
  •  
mird07

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have this problem Sad ; hope somebody can help me out, looks like I miss something.

When I try to login to the domain controller pc, from the firewall server, I get the following error:

“The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.
Please try again or consult your system administrator.”

Here is my setup:

Firewall:
Runs Windows 2003 server + Kerio WinRoute Firewall
NIC 1 (Lan):
IP: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: none
Preferred DNS Server: None
Alternate DNS Server None

NIC 2 (Wan): Use DHCP since our provider can’t offer fixed IP
IP: 201.x.x.x
Everything else automatic

Domain Controller:
Running Windows 2003 Server

NIC:
IP: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.2
Preferred DNS Server: None
Alternate DNS Server None

I am not sure if the problem it’s caused because of the firewall, but my firewall has rules to open all connections from all my local segment, and I think the problem it’s because my IP configuration.

Can anybody tell me what it’s wrong and how I should setup it?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Fri, 11 November 2005 20:09]

•  
feite

Send a private message to this user
I could be possible the firewall machine cannot find the domain controller. AD2003 uses DNS. Try setting DNS on the LAN NIC to the LAN DNS server. Make sure the firewall itself is allowed to access the domain controller.
Previous Topic: WAN MINIPort PPTP
Next Topic: Clientless SSL VPN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 06:42:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00364 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.