Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » built-in McAfee Antivirus ??
  •  
BrownGhost

Send a private message to this user
Sounds nice but where is it??
If i enable it i get. Cant start service.
If i look under windows services i can see it.

Is it a sepret download and install ?

built-in McAfee Antivirus sounds like its already inside the Kerio mail server setup.
But its not, as far as I can see :(

Brown Ghost
  •  
Anonymous
The McAfee AV is internal. If you are eligible to use it, then this error seems odd. Have you checked the windows and kms event logs in case of any messages that can help diagnose. Some conflict on your system perhaps.

Otherwise, try uninstall / re-install with a new download from the Kerio site. Maybe your current installer is somehow broken, so with a fresh download that could get you working again.
  •  
sinumsen

BrownGhost wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 20:43

Sounds nice but where is it??
If i enable it i get. Cant start service.
If i look under windows services i can see it.

Is it a sepret download and install ?

built-in McAfee Antivirus sounds like its already inside the Kerio mail server setup.
But its not, as far as I can see :(

Have you paid for a license with antivirus??
  •  
BrownGhost

nope :(.. ahhh

is non of the scan engins free??

i have norton copret antivirus 9 installd.
do that have this: Symantec Antivirus Scan Engine.
and whats the adress and port i have to put in there ?

Brown Ghost
  •  
sedell

Search the knowledge base for Symantec.

Scott
  •  
winkelman

The Symantec Scan Engine is a seperate Symantec product. You cannot use your Symantec Corporat anti-virus for this.

Symantec knows how to let customers pay...
  •  
ross1963

just updated to ver 6.1.1 and now built in macafee won't work!

Logged the following error:
"Cannot start AV server from plugin avir_mcafee: Detection of test virus EICAR failed"
  •  
archer

ross1963 wrote on Mon, 14 November 2005 22:35

just updated to ver 6.1.1 and now built in macafee won't work!

Logged the following error:
"Cannot start AV server from plugin avir_mcafee: Detection of test virus EICAR failed"

Probably you computer virus protection is deleting the test virus Eicar.....

I had this same problem when I was testing Zone Alarms internet security package. The zone alarm virus protection was deleting the test virus Eicar in Kerio and that would not allow the Macafee to work. I could not find a work around for this with the Zone Alarm package (couldn't exclude the file to be checked or even the whole directory) so I had to uninstall Zone Alarm.
  •  
winkelman

If you are running a AV product on the KMS (besides the KMS one) you MUST exclude the store directory from this AV product.. Otherwise you're prone to corruption problems...
  •  
archer

If I remember correctly the test eicar virus is not in the store directory, it is in the program files. On my computer the program files are in one drive while the store directory is in another drive that virus protection/detection excludes.
  •  
winkelman

Where does KMS temporarily store the files that need scanning? Must be some folder on the drive somewhere. Maybe it not in the store, but somewhere in the '\Program Files\Kerio\' folder? This folder should also be excluded from your Windows AV scanner.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

All messages are stored in the 'store' folder. You must add this folder to your exclusion list so that the test virus file is not removed. If you have added an exclusion rule are you are still having issues, please try completely disabling your antivirus product and restart the MailServer. If this resolves your issue it indicates that the antivirus product is still scanning the 'store' folder even though you have added an exclusion rule. This situation is quite common with Norton/Symantec desktop products.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Personal calenders sharing in Outlook 2003?
Next Topic: Problems with recurring events in Outlook 2003 and KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:34:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.