Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User settings are reset randomly
  •  
Phaethar

Send a private message to this user
I'm having an issue with a user's account lately where his webmail settings will be lost entirely. This includes signature, viewing preferences, etc. This week alone they have been lost 3 times. Today it happened without logging out or having to re-login. It's getting to be a bit frustrating for him to always have to set up his signature, among other things.

The only thing this user has mentioned that may have some bearing on the issue is that his mail will hang up from time to time. That is, he'll open a message, it will start to load, and then just stop, as if it's waiting for the server to continue. He says he hits F5 quite a bit to get a message to load fully.

We're running KMS 6.1.1 on a Linux server with about 30 accounts total. All users use webmail access only for mail.

Any ideas on this? Perhaps a known issue already?

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

I'v also seen this behaviour lately with a few users (the settings reverting to their defaults).

We also use webmail only, KMS 6.1.1 on Windows 2000 Server.

AFAIK this never happened here under earlier versions of KMS.
  •  
Phaethar

Just wanted to update this, as it continues to happen. Actually, it just happened to someone else, after their webmail session timed out. He got back to his sytem, logged back in, and found that all his settings were reset and his signature was gone. Mail filters and rules remain though.

•  
jonbrain

One of my users has also reported this happening.

Kerio 6.1.1 OS X Server.
  •  
winkelman

Ah, more people are having this issue. Time for submitting a ticket!

Could indeed be true is happens after timing out a session...
  •  
Phaethar

Yeah, sounds like ticket time.

Had another user get reset yesterday. He admitted to accidently closing his browser a couple times without logging out, leaving a session opened until it timed out. Could have something to do with it...
  •  
winkelman

Yeah, my users are never logging out, no matter how many times I ask them to use the logout link before closing the browser. Irritates me.

BTW, I opened a ticket (ID SOQ-56093). If something usefull comes out of it, I will post it here.

Haha, your user 'accidently' closed the browser 'a couple of times'. Yeah, accidently, right :-)

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2005 15:47]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I see a few of you have submitted tickets. Is there any commonality between your setups? Looks like this has happened on all OS installations, so maybe we can narrow this down to a specific browser issue or a common client-side setting that could be causing this.

Does this happen to a specific group of users, or does it occur randomly for all users?

This is going to be a very hard issue to identify because it is not reliably reproducable. If you guys can provide any additional information as to how to reproduce this issue or some type of common setting between all of you it would help.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 November 2005 17:53]

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
winkelman

KMS 6.1.1 on Windows 2000 Server (all SP's and updates).

Clients are Windows 2000 and XP with IE 6.0 SP1.

Happened to 3 of my 50 webmail users in the last two weeks (since 6.1.1, never happened with any previous version). Might very well have happened to more users without them noticing (or telling me). Users tend not to notice anything unless it hits them in the face... :)
  •  
Phaethar

Been a few days, but I'll update this too.

KMS 6.1.1 running on Fedora 3, all updates.

Users are all running WinXP with SP2 and using IE6.

I know of at least 3 different users it's happened to as well in the last 2 weeks, and 1 of those users has had it happen multiple times. He's noticed it logging in for the first time in the morning, and it's happened during lunch as well.
  •  
winkelman

Phaethar wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 15:48

He's noticed it logging in for the first time in the morning, and it's happened during lunch as well.

All seems to point towards a (rare) problem with expiring (timing out) sessions...
Previous Topic: REQUEST : POP3 Download
Next Topic: pop3 download problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:26:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00800 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.