Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail birthdays
  •  
halligang

Send a private message to this user
I am having two problems with birthdays in webmail.

1. I've seen posted here earlier, birthdays that are before 1970 or so will not be shown (or saved?)

2. Birthdays in Webmail shows one day early. For example, a birthday in Outlook which is April 9, 1987 shows in Webmail as April 8, 1987

So I know that some people have had trouble with #1. Anyone seen #2 before? Thanks.

I'm using the latest versions as of Nov 12, 2005. Mailserver on Mac OSX (10.4.3) and Webmail on Windows XP (latest updates).

Regards,
Martin
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

#1 is bug 894.

#2 I can't replicate. Can you tell us your version of Outlook, version of KOC, and client operating system?

Cheers,
Joshua

halligang wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 01:16

I am having two problems with birthdays in webmail.

1. I've seen posted here earlier, birthdays that are before 1970 or so will not be shown (or saved?)

2. Birthdays in Webmail shows one day early. For example, a birthday in Outlook which is April 9, 1987 shows in Webmail as April 8, 1987

So I know that some people have had trouble with #1. Anyone seen #2 before? Thanks.

I'm using the latest versions as of Nov 12, 2005. Mailserver on Mac OSX (10.4.3) and Webmail on Windows XP (latest updates).

Regards,
Martin

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
halligang

I'm using
Kerio Mailserver 6.1.1 for Mac OSX 10.4.3 with Swedish language OSX.

Kerio Outlook Connector 6.1.1.
Swedish Windows XP Home with all updates on Windows Update as of Nov 12, 2005.
Swedish Internet Explorer 6 with updates as above.

In webmail I have set the dates as
dd.mm.yyyy
and 24-hour clock

(Though, if it's not TOO much hassle I would appreciate the ISO-standard: yyyy-mm-dd)

I can easily reproduce the problem by adding a test person to a contact folder (private or public) and setting its birthday to, say, nov 4 1979. After saving and opening it, it displays as nov 3 1979 in webmail. However, opening that same person in Outlook yeilds the correct nov 4 1979.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards,
Martin
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Martin,

I was also unable to duplicate your issue. When I viewed the birthday via webmail it showed as 04.11.1979.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
halligang

Hmmm... ok. I guess I have to dig a bit deeper to see if I can understand what causes this. It does seem to be a server issue since it does the same on both Windows and Mac client machines.

Thanks anyway.

Martin
  •  
halligang

Is there a way to have Kerio Mailserver output ALOT of debug information in the console?

The problem is still there. Did you try to reproduce it on a Mac OSX server?

Furthermore, whenever a contact is changed in any way, its birthday is moved one day earlier. So change a contact three times and its birthday is moved from, say, aug 10 to aug 7!
(This is only when changing through webmail interface)

The workaround is that whenever you change any information in a contact you also have to update the contacts birthday to avoid it being corrupted when you save. VERY annoying.

Dates in tasks and calendar are just fine.

Please look further into this. Thanks.

Martin

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 12:35]

•  
RPC_Admin

Ok, the second part of this with the calendar moving items, this was a confirmed issue I reported. Joshua Thomas and I had quite an exchange about it. Joshua, please look up a trouble ticket I have that is now closed called "Calendar Moves objects".

What I experienced is this. When you use KOC, it will move calendar objects that are marked for "all day" to both the day you add it and the day previous. However if you use the webmail interface those objects aren't actually moved. In other words through Kerio KOC in outlook I add a birthday "Joe's Brithday" on 3/8/2005 and set it as all day. When someone else views this shared calendar through their KOC they will see "Joe's Birthday" on 3/7 and 3/8. However if you use the webmail interface none of this happens.

I think we are talking about more or less the same problem
  •  
mailhog

halligang wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 05:34

Is there a way to have Kerio Mailserver output ALOT of debug information in the console?

The problem is still there. Did you try to reproduce it on a Mac OSX server?

Furthermore, whenever a contact is changed in any way, its birthday is moved one day earlier. So change a contact three times and its birthday is moved from, say, aug 10 to aug 7!
(This is only when changing through webmail interface)

The workaround is that whenever you change any information in a contact you also have to update the contacts birthday to avoid it being corrupted when you save. VERY annoying.

Dates in tasks and calendar are just fine.

Please look further into this. Thanks.

Martin

I've experienced this as well running 10.4 server, 10.3 workstation with Entourage 2004. After trying to get the two synced up, the birthday on the webmail is now just a blank white holder with no text in it. I have tried changing the date both in wemail and Entourage and it eventually goes back to spanning two days.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I was unable to reproduce this error using KMS 6.1.1 on a Mac OS X 10.4.3 machine and using Outlook with KOC 6.1.1 installed.

Quote:

I was unable to reproduce this issue either.

Please provide exact steps to reproduce the issue so that we can attempt to duplicate this.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
halligang

I do not know how to check this more. I can provide you with a login account on my server so you can test it for yourselves. Just let me know a support e-mail to Kerio.

On the server I only have three services running; SMTP, Secure IMAP and Secure HTTP.

Dates work in calendar and tasks, but fail in contacts.

Regards,
Martin
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Martin,

You can submit a new ticket at http://support.kerio.com

Describe your issue in a ticket, provide as much detail as possible including exact steps to reproduce, include appropriate login into including remote admin access, and you can put attention Kevin in the subject and I'll take a peek at that.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

halligang wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 12:34

So change a contact three times and its birthday is moved from, say, aug 10 to aug 7!

Yes this is an unfortunate bug introduced in 6.1.1 (number 12959). We're working on it as quickly as we can :-)

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

This bug is fixed in 6.1.1-patch1.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
halligang

Tried to update, but the bug is still here. Will try to solve issues to get an account ready for a tech to try it out.

Regards,
Martin
Petr Dousa (Kerio)

Note that this is fixed in 6.1.1-patch1:
Quote:

But this is not:
Quote:

Petr Dousa
user experience designer, Kerio
Previous Topic: Rights to public folders
Next Topic: backup prob.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 00:25:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00508 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.