Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple email account & 6.1.1
  •  
jls001

Send a private message to this user
FYI:
I contacted Kerio Tech Support regarding the issue of supporting mulitple email accounts in KOC 6.1.1. Issue: two accounts setup in outlook:
(default) KOC - myself<at>domain.com
IMAP- tech<at>xyz.com
When I reply from tech<at>xyz.com account the recipent gets the email from my default account myself<at>domain.com. This is a serious problem. 6.08 is the last version which worked right. (am still on 6.08)
Basically was told by Kerio it's a bug # 993 and MAYBE fixed in next release, and wasn't given any walkarounds except for using different profiles,(It's a hugh pain for users).

Doe anyone have any other alternatives?
  •  
peterj

No other alternative ideas here I'm afraid.

It is interesting to hear that Kerio consider this a BUG as I thought they have always said that this was an unsupported configuration!!!

•  
Kerio_jthomas

This is indeed unsupported. Until it is fixed/implemented, which is bug 993.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
halligang

OK, here's a workaround for this problem. I've tried it for a couple of days and it seems to work fine. But don't hold me responsible if it deletes all your mail. As stated by Kerio they don't support workarounds such as this one.

Requrements (ie. tested on):
Outlook 2003 (SP2)
Kerio Outlook Connector (KOC 6.1.1)
MAPI connection to Kerio Mailserver

1. Create a new profile (in Control Panel->E-Mail)
2. Add a new mail account to this profile (automatically creating a new Personal Folders store):
- Set it as a POP3 account
- Set name and e-mail to what you want
- Set the POP3 server as "N/A" (excluding quotes)
- Set the SMTP server to a server your ISP supports
- Set account information for the SMTP server if necessary
- Name the account, for example "username <_at_> isp"
3. Repeat step 2 for as many accounts you have, for example I have:
username<_at_>isp-pop3-server.com
username<_at_>keriomailserver.com
4. Add the Kerio Mailserver and set up your account information
5. Set the Personal Folders as the default store
6. Start Outlook and go to Tools->Send and receive->Settings for send and receive->Define groups for send and recieve. Edit the one that is there and set the POP3-accounts to NOT RECEIVE mail. Also set the Kerio-account to NOT SEND mail.
7. If you had a Personal Folders file previously, open it and transfer all mails to your new Personal Folders file and then close the old one.

Done!

Next time you send a mail just select from which of the POP3 accounts you want it to be sent from and the from address should display correctly.

I may have left out some information so for those who tries this and doesn't get it to work. Just let me know.

Regards,
Martin

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 11:43]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

halligang,

Your reply does not mention that you are using the Kerio Outlook Connector. Please note this situation only applies if you are using the KOC.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
halligang

I updated my reply to reflect this. Which of course should have been there to begin with. :)
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

halligang,

I'm not sure I fully understand your instructions. It appears that you are setting up the Kerio email account as a POP3 account. I think the idea is to have one MAPI account and multiple other non-Kerio accounts (such as POP and IMAP).

In your implementation are you able to view Public Folders? Are you able to view other user's shared Calendars? Basically are you able to use any of the MAPI features?

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
halligang

What I would like to have is, yes, a setup in which I have a Kerio MAPI account and one or more POP3/IMAP accounts. The problem with this setup is that all mails get the "From"-tag set to the one specified for the Kerio MAPI account.

So now I've set up the Kerio MAPI store. Also I have a Personal Folders store which is the default store. Now I can add POP3 accounts to the Personal Folders store and their "From"-tag will be then one I want.

In my case, I also have some e-mail addresses that will automatically forward all mails to my Kerio account. I do want to be able to send mails with these e-mail addresses as "From", although no POP3/IMAP account exists. Hence the bogus POP3 accounts for which only the SMTP server and the "From" address is the important information.

Basically, I can have all mails forward to my Kerio MAPI account but still be able to send mails with one of, say, ten different "From" addresses. Depending on what I would like.

I feel I made this somewhat clearer. :-)

And yes, I am able to view and change in public folders.

Regards,
Martin

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 23:11]

Previous Topic: Error message
Next Topic: Notices and sugestions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:58:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.