Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » From Address in webmail
  •  
lartz

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
Our company has many different domains that it wishes to be able to send email from, i.e. a user will want to be able to login and then select which from address they wish to send from. However from what I can see currently this is restricted to the domain.

I.e. if the user logs in with username1 it will only show the from addresses that are assigned to that domain. it only allowing <_at_>domain.com

and I need to be able to say username1 has these email addresses:

username1<_at_>domain.com
username1<_at_>mydomain.net
thisisme<_at_>someone.co.uk

Anyone know how this is possible?

Thanks

Rob
  •  
Kerio_jthomas

There isn't any way to do this at the moment. You'd have to create multiple domains and do several logins.

However it's a suggestion we have, perhaps one day we will implement it.

Joshua Thomas
Technical Support Manager
2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 496-4500
Fax: (408) 496-6902
http://www.kerio.com/support.html

•  
winkelman

Why can't we just use any from address we'd like? (I mean: I know it can't be done currently, but why couldn't it be implemented?)

The from field is just another header. Basicly, you could fill in anything you'd like. If the interface would let you, that is.

Currently you can only change the from address to the accounts specified as your email addresses. And you can't change the 'nice name'.

Currently (in Webmail) the from field is a drop down box (if you have more email addresses). Why not add a 'custom' option that lets the user type in anything they'd like? For example "Bill Gates <billgates<_at_>microsoft.com>" :-)
  •  
sedell

Quote:

The from field is just another header. Basicly, you could fill in anything you'd like. If the interface would let you, that is.

You can in Outlook (now that it's fixed again). But, it doesn't just show the FROM address. When you open the message, it displays:

From: Actual Sender [actualSender<_at_>domain.com]; on behalf of; ChangedFromUser (changedFromUser<_at_>domain.com)

That's a security step imposed by Outlook (I think it's Outlook). If it weren't for that, you could forge any from address you wanted and people on the receiving end wouldn't know the difference. Specifying ANY from address without some sort of control could be abused badly.

Scott
Previous Topic: Can Kerio improve IMAP usability in Outlook?
Next Topic: Calendar in publics folders with KSP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:35:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.