Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio/Outlook login per user (AD)
  •  
MEDWARDS

Send a private message to this user
Hi Guys,

Just setting up kerio in a test run, basicly ready to deploy if I can get this one feature going.

Im running a windows 2003 server with AD and kerio on that AD server.

All the imports and what not over AD users to kerio worked really well, very impressed, but what im trying to work out, is how to i make outlook login to kerio by using the info of the current logged in user/

What i mean is, if "bob" logged on to the workstation, he can open outlook and get his mail, then if he logs off and "Mary" logs on, outlook then has her email.

Im guessing its not working because LDAP and LDAPS isnt running in kerio services, but I cant start them because AD is using them already ( I think )

any help with how to set this up/

Thanks guys

Matt
  •  
sedell

In KMS admin, you want to enable NTLM authentication for Active Directory Users. It's on the security tab if I remember correctly (I'm not in front of my admin console). Then, from the Outlook KOC settings, you want to enable Secure Password Authentication. You'll then see the Account Name and Password blank out and Outlook will use your user's login info.

Scott
  •  
sedell

I should mention that you'll have to set this up for each user when they first log into the machine. There isn't a way to blanket configure everyone who logs onto the machine. It needs to be done user by user.

Scott
  •  
peterj

Quote:

There isn't a way to blanket configure everyone who logs onto the machine.

I have my MAPI profile settings in my global default user profile.

When user's first logon to any machine in the domain they get a custom default user profile which has the a single mapi profile with the KOC in it - in which the server name and the SPA enabled option set.

That way when user's move around & even on PC's they have never used before they run outlook and always get their mailbox with no problems..!
  •  
sedell

How did you manage that? I'd be interested to know.

Also, does this handle the public contacts folder and the Outlook address book?

Scott
  •  
peterj

Yes it can also have OAB and be enabled on the public contacts folder if required.

As for setup it's easy (as long as you don't already have a customised default user profile of roaming profiles.

Just configure a blank profile as you want it. (I have a template user a/c to login as) - setup Shortcuts, printers & configure a single mapi profile with KOC & OAB setup as req'd.

Then copy the profile to the local DU profile using the system control panel applet and then you can copy this into the netlogon share(s) of your domain controllers.

When XP machines log in they look here first for a DU profile rather than in the local docs & settings location.

HTH
  •  
sedell

Does this work for Win2000 as well? We're about 50/50 Win2000/XP.

Scott
  •  
peterj

yes - 2000/xp is fine - obviously it wouldn't work for mixed 9x/NT enviroments...
  •  
sedell

I'll have to give this a try. It would make life a lot easier. I can think of another program this would be particularly useful for, since it requires 20 minutes of configuration every time a user logs in for the first time.

We don't have any 9x/NT machines left. I was happy to see the last of them go because I hate both of them.

Scott
  •  
sedell

peterj wrote on Tue, 15 November 2005 07:48

Yes it can also have OAB and be enabled on the public contacts folder if required.

As for setup it's easy (as long as you don't already have a customised default user profile of roaming profiles.

Just configure a blank profile as you want it. (I have a template user a/c to login as) - setup Shortcuts, printers & configure a single mapi profile with KOC & OAB setup as req'd.

Then copy the profile to the local DU profile using the system control panel applet and then you can copy this into the netlogon share(s) of your domain controllers.

When XP machines log in they look here first for a DU profile rather than in the local docs & settings location.

HTH

Hi Peter,

Just wondering... have you been able to get this working with an OAB? I finally have a little bit of time to experiment with this. The KOC setup works as expected in a new profile, but I get nothing but error messagges from the OAB. If I have an OAB at all in the mail profile, I get errors when a new profile uses Outlook 2003. I haven't tried 2000 since we're slowly moving away from 2000.

Scott
Previous Topic: OS X 10.4 - Activate user in OD or local user with OD authentication?
Next Topic: Oulook lockups on KOC 6.1.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:27:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00558 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.