Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Mailserver crash....
  •  
abubin

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am using 6.1.1 for a month now. It seems much more unstable than 6.1.0. Aside from the lockup problem in webmail, this morning I find that the software has crashed.

This morning, when I come to work, I get complains from my users saying that they didn't receive any emails for the whole morning. Then I checked and found on the server, a kerio crash wizard. It ask me whether to compile an error log which I said yes. It then asked me whether to send it to Kerio or not which I declined because it is more than 40MB in size.

Anyway, all the emails since yesterday night (crash started) was lost. Somehow when the crash happened, kerio restarted itself but the wizard screen still running on foreground. Maybe it is the wizard and maybe not that cause the emails to be lost.

I had to manually stop kerio and the start it to make it running smoothly again.

2 questions here.

1) should I send the error log to kerio? If yes, how?

2) how often do you guys get this kind of crash? Before and after upgrade to 6.1.1.

Thanks in advance.
  •  
winkelman

For me 6.1.1 is A LOT more stable then 6.1.0. With 6.1.0 I got the Crash Wizard several times a week. Strange thing is I only saw the Crash Wizard when taking a look at the server, I did not get any complaint, the server seemed to be running just fine with the Crash Wizard activated.

After running the Crash Wizard the server would stop running. I do not know what triggered the Wizard.

Why not upload the 40Mb? Unless your bandwith is very precious, just send it... Takes a few minutes, that's all (depending on your upload speed of course).

Since my upgrade to 6.1.1 I never had the Crash Wizard again. Only sometimes I get the problem with stuck HTTP connections (the 'folder deadlocking' problem, which is supposedly solved [or almost solved] in 6.1.2).

So for me 6.1.1 is better than 6.1.0, although not 'perfect' yet.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2005 14:47]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Our reports from users and our own internal usage indicate that 6.1.1 is extremely stable. The 6.1.1 release was focused on bug fixing and stabilization.

It is recommended that you upload any crash information that comes up as it helps us resolve your issue and helps our development team identify any potential issues so that they can be resolved.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
abubin

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 18:32

Our reports from users and our own internal usage indicate that 6.1.1 is extremely stable. The 6.1.1 release was focused on bug fixing and stabilization.

It is recommended that you upload any crash information that comes up as it helps us resolve your issue and helps our development team identify any potential issues so that they can be resolved.

Yes, our connection is precious and it's slow. I don't mind uploading but if it doesn't serve any purpose then no point doing it. If tech support does look in every uploaded crash logs then I will upload during night time.

How do I upload the file now that the wizard is closed?
  •  
scoop

I have also experienced more crashing since the upgrade. Is there a way to locate potential causes of the crash? Perhaps a checklist to troubleshoot?

Thanks

scooper
Previous Topic: WebMail Autologon
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.1.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 12:58:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00431 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.