Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Abandoning KOC for POP3
  •  
joshuak

Send a private message to this user
Hi

for my home computer, i want to use a POP3 account instead of KOC because it is so slow. Does anyone know of a way to sync the home Outlook Pop3 with Kerio Mailserve so my outlook is identical at work and home. If not all the folders such as contacts and calendar, maybe just the inbox, etc.

Josh
  •  
halligang

You can easily sync just the inbox. You just have to be careful when setting up the account.

Assuming you're using Outlook 2003:
1. Create a new account, select POP3
2. Enter all the information about the new account
3. Click on the button "More settings..." (or something like that, I'm using Swedish version. :-D)
4. Under the Advanced tab, check the box for "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and make sure that the other two boxes are NOT checked.

Done!

Note that step 4 is the important one. If you don't do this right then all messages will be removed from the server and become stored locally on your home PC! This is bad because the only way to get them back is through IMAP or MAPI which will cause extra hassle (not to mention possibly remove message headers).

Good luck!

Regards,
Martin
  •  
peterj

I would like to point out that this is not really a sync at all!!

The messages will just build up in your mailbox's inbox forever & Messages read/flagged on the client will not be marked on the server.

Basically you will end up with a big folder unless you are going to maintain this at both ends. (or have automatic removal after x days)

Even with the problems with deletion etc IMAP is better - T'bird has a reasonable IMAP implementation - have you tried it..?

Previous Topic: Message list autorefresh in KerioMail Webmail
Next Topic: Speeding up Access to Kerio Outlook Connector Remotely
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:37:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.