Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » LDAP Problems
  •  
juzman21

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I have downloaded the latest version of Kerio. My company is going to purchase the license with McAfee for 270users. At the moment, i am just trying to see how far we can go with the product. I have been experiencing problems with the contacts on LDAP. Deleted or changed contacts would not modify, and often, newly created ones would not appear. I was told to go to the mail store and clear the files/folders in /domain/#public/contacts folder. Then to go to each domain and export the required contacts. The problem i now face, is that 1 domains users appear, whilst the others do not. I only have two domains at the moment, but this will soon expand to 5. What do i need to do to make this work?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Hello,

I would first like to let you know that you are welcome to send us a ticket at http://support.kerio.com regarding your issue. We can directly assist you with any questions you may have before purchasing the product.

It is possible to export user information from more than one domain to a single contact folder, or multiple contact folders. In the users page at the top notice that there is a drop down menu that lists each of your domains, and I assume this would include a different set of users. You can highlight all users you want to export to the public Contact folder and click the Export button. You would then go to the second domain and follow the same procedure.

If you wish to have seperate public Contact folders for each domain, you would need to login to Webmail as a user who has access to administer the public folders and create a new Contacts folder.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
juzman21

Say i have 2 domains (x & y), with different users in each. I want the LDAP setup, so when the users go to outlook AND webmail,they see users from all domains. When i setup the ldap in outlook, i use the Kerio servers ip address to get the contacts from. Now, when i got to export the users from x, It only gives me the option to export to /x/public#/contacts. and vice versa for Y. so how do i get both domains into sinlge directory through the server, so that when a users logs on, they can see a contact regardless of the domain.
  •  
peterj

You can do this if you make the public folders global rather than domain specific.

Click the advanced button on the domains page.

The you can export contacts from both domains to a global contacts public folder available using KOC or webmail

HTH

•  
juzman21

You the man...thats exactly what i needed to know! thanks alot for your help guys!
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.1.1
Next Topic: Migration from PST
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:58:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.