Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » NOD32 Plug-In Issues
  •  
bharper

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to use NOD32 since it is what we already use as a AV solution but have still not gotten the plug-in to start correctly. I have a ticket in but it has gone on to the development team and who knows how long it will take for them to figure out what's wrong. Anyways I have followed all of the procedures stated in the FAQ for the install but to no avail. Everytime I try to start the plug-in I receive this error

"Engine avir_nod failed to start:Error loading scanner DLL (998)"

I have the most current version of Kerio Mailserver and the most current version of NOD32. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled several times but have gotten nowhere. I have installed the normal version of NOD32 v.2 and thne Administrator version also. Does any one who has experience using NOD32 with Kerio have any suggestions or an insight as to what version of the software(NOD32) I should use in conjunction with the mail server? The OS platform is Windows Server 2003. Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks!

•  
peterj

It works fine for me

I assume you have installed the NOD2KMS DLL Module

http://www.kerio.co.uk/kms_nod.html

????
  •  
bharper

Yes, I have followed the instructions to a T.
  •  
bharper

Which version of NOD32 software did you install (i.e. Administrator or Enterprise) ?
  •  
peterj

have you excluded the folder from realtime scanning?

(have to ask..)

Or do you have any other vendor's av products installed on the machine..?

•  
peterj

It makes no difference AFAIK
  •  
bharper

There is no other AV software installed and apart from Windows and Kerio mailserver there are no other apps installed on this server. So I know you say it makes no difference but do you mind telling me the version of NOD32 that you are having success with? Thanks for your help!
  •  
bharper

And yes, the store folder is excluded from scanning.
  •  
sedell

I also have NOD32 running with KMS. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Did you reboot the server after installing the DLL? It's been a while, but I seem to remember something not working right until a reboot was performed.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Do you have a correct license file for NOD32 for Kerio MailServer?

If you do not have a correct license, KMS cannot connect to NOD32 2.0 and will use older API v1 which cannot scan archive files.

The additional library is needed only for NOD32 1.0. NOD32 2.0 does not require this library.
  •  
sedell

I thought I remember it working with 2.x without a license file, but without archive scanning.

If that is indeed the case that it won't work at all without one, you can get a trial license from NOD32. They're pretty good that way. I don't think it says it anywhere, but you have to reboot after installing a NOD32 license. Maybe that's why I remember it not working properly until a reboot was done.

Scott
  •  
bharper

I tried the reboot right after the install but that didn't work. I'm curious what is meant by the correct license file. Is there a special version of NOD32 I need to use it with this mailserver? I am a registered corporate user of NOD32 and am contacting Eset to see what they can tell me. I will follow up with any info that I receive. Thanks everyone for your help!
  •  
sedell

Yep, there's a different/additional license for KMS scanning. If you've already got NOD32 installed on the mailserver, all you need to do is drop the NOD32 for KMS license in the NOD32 install directory, then reboot. If you have version 2.5, there's that new License Key tab in the NOD32 System Setup you can use. Not sure if that would require a reboot, but best to be safe.

"Engine avir_nod failed to start:Error loading scanner DLL (998)"

It came up in another thread... is the EICAR test file intact? Did anyone actually locate the test file? Scanning the test file is how KMS determines the scanner is working. There was question as to whether the EICAR test file could be gobbled up by an AV scanner that hasn't excluded the KMS directory at some point.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2005 02:04]

Scott
  •  
bharper

Thanks so much Scott! Looks like I just need to purchase the license for the Kerio Mailserver from Eset then I should be good to go. Thanks everyone for all of your help!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 November 2005 02:36]

giampos

sedell wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 02:03

Yep, there's a different/additional license for KMS scanning. .

What ? I don't know a special license for KMS, in the Eset site there aren't special KMS versions in the price list. At least I never seen this !

I'm using a normal NOD32 v.2.5 with the Kerio module, and it works well (I believe..)

Previous Topic: ical
Next Topic: Slow mail transfer to server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 15:53:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00491 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.