Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Connection from entourage
  •  
xavividal

Send a private message to this user
Hi

We're trying to connect a Entourage 2004 (with 11.2 update) to a KErio Mailserver 6.1.1 (using a Exchange connection mode), and we can't get a correct connection.

We can't see anything, it only appears a subfolder called public folders but appears empty.

Anybody knows the steps to achieve a perfect connection? what services must we have enabled? What info we should put in the connection form?

We're using an IP for the intranet and we don't have an internal DNS, can be a problem?

Any tricks?

Thanks
  •  
  •  
moreiq

Hi!

I am having the same problem, was ready the manual up and down, but only empty sub folders and nothing else! Did you find the way?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

1. Create a new identity in Entourage.
2. Connect Entourage client ONLY to KMS 6.1.1 patch 1 or KMS 6.1.2. Other versions do not have support for Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.1).

[Updated on: Sat, 17 December 2005 11:24] by Moderator

•  
moreiq

Thanks your advise, but this is actually newby hint, and i am having trouble viewing my mail in Entourage via exchange, i can see Junk folder and many sub, sub-sub folders but nothing else. is there any step by step what shall be done on the client and server?

Rgrds/Jonny
  •  
komakino

moreiq, did you ever find a solution?

I too am experimenting with the exchange server connection option in Entourage and am seeing the same problem crop up on some workstations but not others.

I setup the accounts as described in the KMS 6.1 v3 manual, and on one workstation only the Junk E-mail folder and the Public folders show up like they should.

On a different workstation with the same account it lists all of the users folders and retrieves their messages as expected. This leads me to believe that the problem is caused by a damaged Entourage mail database. Unfortunately it silently fails and there is no error generated by Entourage or anything in the KMS logs.

Try rebuilding your Entourage database by holding down the option key when launching Entourage. Or remove the account in Entourage and then re-create it.

KMS 6.1.2
Entourage 11.2.1

HTH,

-Chris

Chris Williams
Consulting Engineer
DaVinci Digital
Portland, OR
  •  
moreiq

Thank for asking. Actually not, i have spent quite some time with it but it never went well. Thanks for suggestion, I will set up a clean mac mini with Entourage and from there will try. it is def not working through new identity. Also I am checking my DB once per week, just to make sure everything is cool and never had any error.

Just in general do you get any benefits from using Exchange mode compared to IMAP?

Rgrds
  •  
komakino

Primarily the Exchange connect mode will give your users the additional ability to keep track of their appointments and schedules in the built-in calendar in Entourage. Any appointments you make in Entourage would then show up in the Kerio web interface and vise-versa. You can then schedule meetings with other users, look at their free/busy time, send meeting notifications etc. A big deal for a lot of offices.

Entourage can also then tie into a shared directory/address book hosted on your server via LDAP, although you can set that up separately.

Cheers

-Chris

Chris Williams
Consulting Engineer
DaVinci Digital
Portland, OR
  •  
moreiq

Hi!

I just setted up a new KerioServer and new machine with Entourage, just brand new installation of it. No luck! I can see as usual Junk folder that that it, not even the messages it contains.

Anybody can assist?

Brgrds/Jonny
  •  
sonofcolin

moreiq wrote on Fri, 20 January 2006 09:01

Hi!

I just setted up a new KerioServer and new machine with Entourage, just brand new installation of it. No luck! I can see as usual Junk folder that that it, not even the messages it contains.

Anybody can assist?

Brgrds/Jonny

Are you using exchange mode? If so, make sure you have http/https service running in KMS services.
Previous Topic: Suggestion for SMTP
Next Topic: Backup Procedure Confirmation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:34:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00450 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.