Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Compatibility with Evolution Mail ?
  •  
easiconseil

Send a private message to this user
Many customers ask me if Kerio will be in a futur release, compatible with Evolution Mail suite.

There is a chance for that ?

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

What are the specific requirements of Evolution Mail? Is this a mail client? If so you can setup any mail client to use a POP3 or IMAP connection and it would be compatible.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
santo

I think easiconseil means the groupware functionality of Evolution, so that it can be used to view and update calendars, tasks, contacts, etc just like outlook can.

This is the most important "feature" that I'm currently missing too in Kerio Mailserver.

Note: see this thread: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=tree&th=7723&sta rt=0&S=cbdee5e4b3717dd6a581d64a92b04ec2 about ical, being a partial solution (i.e. readonly)

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 09:32]

•  
easiconseil

santo wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 09:29

I think easiconseil means the groupware functionality of Evolution, so that it can be used to view and update calendars, tasks, contacts, etc just like outlook can.

It is exactly that :)

Some of my customers use Evolution Mail in imap mode, and use webmail for calendar etc. But they would like to do all of this directly on computers with Evolution mail (they don"t want to use Microsoft Office or OS)

--
MaT
  •  
easiconseil

Here is the link to Evolution :

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/

--
MaT
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Thank you for clarifying. We have an open suggestion with our development team to implement groupware support for Evolution in a future release. I will add your request to the suggestion.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
easiconseil

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 16:58

Thank you for clarifying. We have an open suggestion with our development team to implement groupware support for Evolution in a future release. I will add your request to the suggestion.

Great !

Many thanks :)

--
MaT
  •  
osci

Quote:

What are the specific requirements of Evolution Mail? Is this a mail client? If so you can setup any mail client to use a POP3 or IMAP connection and it would be compatible.

AFAIK, Evolution use the same IMAP/DAV access as Entourage 2004, so in theory it should work. Evolution is the only good groupware client on Linux for now.
  •  
kmfischer

Well I had similar issues :)
I tried Thunderbird + Calendar Plugin and it seems that it's working pretty cool.

Karl
  •  
kmfischer

I would however love to see support for Evo 2.4 / 2.6 !!!

Karl
  •  
kmfischer

We are in the Process redoining our tests will keep you posted

Karl
  •  
migsutu

Has any progress been made on this front? My company is extremely interested in full support or some type of documentation in setting up Evolution and KMS(Groupware options, not just Mail).
  •  
digix

migsutu wrote on Tue, 11 September 2007 14:04

Has any progress been made on this front? My company is extremely interested in full support or some type of documentation in setting up Evolution and KMS(Groupware options, not just Mail).

I would like to know if any progress has been made as well...

-Another IT admin looking for non-MS solutions

[Updated on: Tue, 18 December 2007 03:06]

•  
Canadian_Eh!

Just checking to see if anything new has happened on this front.. I use Evolution at home on my PC and would love to be able to use the exchange features in Kerio with it.

Thanks!
rinzwind

Previous Topic: koff speed
Next Topic: Going from Apple mail to kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:21:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00527 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.