Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ical
  •  
santo

Send a private message to this user
I have problems using Kontact (and other) clients which use iCal
for reading/saving calendar data.

Initially, I can create an event in webmail and update it in both webmail and/or Kontact.

But as soon as I modify/create a calendar entry in Kontact,
it can only be changed in Kontact (and not in Kerio's webmail interface).

This is what I see in the error log:

Quote:

[22/Nov/2005 20:01:32] php_utils.cpp: webmail saveCalendar: Cannot save message (folder: ~user1<_at_>mydomain.net/Calendar; uid: 3)
[22/Nov/2005 20:01:41] php_utils.cpp: webmail forceDelete: Cannot expunge folder (~user1<_at_>mydomain.net/Calendar)
[22/Nov/2005 20:01:55] php_utils.cpp: webmail saveCalendar: Cannot save message (folder: ~user1<_at_>mydomain.net/Calendar; uid: 2)
[22/Nov/2005 20:09:02] php_utils.cpp: webmail saveCalendar: Cannot save message (folder: ~user1<_at_>mydomain.net/Calendar; uid: 7)
[22/Nov/2005 20:45:13] php_utils.cpp: webmail saveCalendar: Cannot save message (folder: ~user1<_at_>mydomain.net/Calendar; uid: 7)

I also cannot dismiss or snooze a reminder in the web interface.
The only thing I can do, is "close".
But by doing that, it reappears after 5 minutes of course.

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Please note this is a limitation of iCal. Once iCal modifies a calendar, no other application can modify it from that point forward. You can read more regarding this in the following section of our manual:

http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch33.html

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
santo

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I already read that part of the manual, but must have looked over it.
Maybe you can put it in bold or in another color (red ?) to emphasize it a little bit more...

So if iCal is only for publishing read-only calendars, are there any other ways to use a linux client (e.g. Kontact) with Kerio,
in such a way that it can update calendars, tasks, contact without making them readonly on the server ?
Previous Topic: Body search with KOC - Is it Possible?
Next Topic: NOD32 Plug-In Issues
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:44:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00393 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.