Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Slow mail transfer to server
  •  
Hobby_Rob

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have installed kerio mail server 6.0.3 and having bad performance when send mail from the client. I have used IMAP and smtp/pop, both give the same problem. Receiving goes fine. example, a message with attachment of 10MB takes 30 min on a local lan. Also tried it on different machines, same problem. upgraded to latest versio, same here.

Help please.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Why are you using KMS 6.0.3? This is an extremely old version of the MailServer. Please upgrade to the latest version which is 6.1.1.

As far as sending messages with large attachments, the time it takes to upload to the MailServer will depend on your connection speed on the local system, and will not depend on the MailServer. Also if you have an antivirus option enabled in the MailServer, it will take additional time for the server to process the message as it has to scan the attachment.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 22:06

Why are you using KMS 6.0.3?

I guess I know the answer Wink
  •  
Hobby_Rob

Hi,

We are looking for a mail server and I got this one to try it out (6.0.3), I installed it about 2 weeks ago and when I noticed the problems I downloaded and installed the 6.1.1 version, but the problems stayed. Also all virus scanning disabled on server and client side. The local Lan is 100MB Full Duplex, looks fast enough to me. Currently we are testing it with 18 users. I hope to resolve this within 12 days (Trail days left).

Thanks,

•  
sedell

Hobby_Rob wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 07:32

The local Lan is 100MB Full Duplex, looks fast enough to me.

Assuming nothing is wrong with the network. It's got to be something wrong with either the LAN or the server itself. I can't think of any reason why KMS itself would be that slow accepting mail.

Scott
Previous Topic: NOD32 Plug-In Issues
Next Topic: Nod32 and Linux
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 20:26:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.