Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » YIKES!!! All mail lost
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
Wow, just found about the worst bug you can have with 6.1.1.

I was in my own personal account. I have several folders as subfolders under the INBOX. I tried to delete a folder and it gave me an error that it couldn't. In the error log, it says that it couldn't because the folder wasn't empty. Ok, fair enough. I then try to go inside the folder to delete all the mail. Well, it keeps giving me an error. Now I can't even get in the folder. So, I log out. When I log right back in, all my mail in my INBOX and all the subfolders and everything are all gone (about 800M - 1G of mail). The only mail I have left is in my Sent Items because that is not a subfolder of the INBOX. I was hoping maybe all the indexes got deleted or something. Nope, I get on the server and all the mail is gone. I even tried to search for it hoping it just moved them somewhere. NOPE, ALL GONE!!

Yes, I do have backups, but what a pain. I'm just glad it happened to me and not one of my users. I will try to create steps to reproduce this, so I can contact support. Be careful if you are deleting subfolders.

RHEL 3
KMS 6.1.1 Webmail
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

If you feel this is a bug, please send us a support ticket outlining the exact steps you took to duplicate the issue. We will then attempt to reproduce the issue, and if it is found to be a bug, we can report this to our development team.

Did you check the actual #msgs folder to verify that the messages were missing? There are times where the index.fld files will get corrupt, and it will appear that all of your mail is gone, when in fact it is still there, and re-indexing the folder will correct the issue.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
bperkins

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 14:05

If you feel this is a bug

Well, I sure hope it's not a feature ;-)

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Wed, 23 November 2005 14:05

Did you check the actual #msgs folder to verify that the messages were missing? There are times where the index.fld files will get corrupt, and it will appear that all of your mail is gone, when in fact it is still there, and re-indexing the folder will correct the issue.

Yes, everything is gone.

BP
  •  
bperkins

DO THIS ON A DUMMY ACCOUNT. DO NOT DO THIS ON AN ACCOUNT THAT HAS IMPORTANT MAIL!!

OK, here are steps to reproduce this:

1) Make a subfolder of the INBOX called TEST
2) Make two new folders to be subfolders of TEST
3) Now right click on TEST and choose "Delete All" instead of Delete.
4) Logout and back in.
5) Your entire INBOX will be gone

I will file a bug report. Can someone try this and let me know what they get. Before step 3, you might create another folder under INBOX to verify that this folder will be gone too.

BP

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I was able to duplicate the issue. Please submit a ticket outlining these exact instructions, and include relavent version numbers.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
sonofcolin

Which email client did you use to do this? IMAP or KOC?

Ok, saw it was webmail. Forget it.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 November 2005 20:46]

•  
bperkins

I filed a bug report. This is using the full webmail in 6.1.1.

BP
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

For completeness, this was found to be a previously known and resolved issue. If anybody is running into this issue, please send us an email and we can provide you with instructions on how to resolve the issue. Reference bug 12345 when emailing regarding this issue.

Kevin Trumbull
  •  
binary

bugger emailed support...:-) already...
  •  
gaug2

I sended a email to support to.

Waiting for the fix.
  •  
mrFreeZe

Got this same problem this morning.

Someone deleted one folder directly under IN-BOX, and she received an "Session Expired" error. When she logged in again, 7000 e-mails were deleted.

So, also waiting for an update!
  •  
easiconseil

gaug2 wrote on Thu, 24 November 2005 13:15

I sended a email to support to.

Waiting for the fix.

I don"t enderstand, why the fix is not public ? why we must wait to loose hundred of mails to have the fix ?

I don"t have yet the problem, but i don"t want to wait to have it for applying the fix.

Why the fix for this bug is not public ?

--
MaT
Courriel : mat<_at_>pnymail.com
--------------------------------
  •  
j.turley

Does anybody have details about the fix for this problem yet?
  •  
sedell

I also just found out I have this problem. Rediculous to call it a "resolved" bug, then have us contact them for the fix. Another potentially disasterous bug that gets swept under the carpet.

Scott
MJones

I too have experienced a similar thing that at the time thought that it "must be me". Using webmail I moved a folder to become a subfolder of the Inbox and all the the mail in the moved folder vanished!
Previous Topic: Alert popup
Next Topic: Spam Rating problems
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:30:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00560 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.